I am the family trip planner and I am not feeling inspired for this summer. I'm hoping you will give me some ideas of where to start.
DH and I are in our sixties and in good health. We are looking for someplace to go this summer -July or beginning of August. We usually take a couple weeks, but are flexible on length of time. However we must go in summer due to job constraints. We are flying from Washington, DC.
Here are some of our interests
Here are some things we are not interested in
going somewhere you have to be dressed up
Here are the places we have gone in the last five years. Really enjoyed all of them except the Caribbean cruise which was just OK. First time on a large cruise ship and its just not our thing.
Spain - Madrid, Seville and Zaragosa
Belgium, Alsace and Paris
Uganda with stopover in Amsterdam
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
In the past we have been to the following places in Canada - Montreal, Toronto, Churchill (polar bears) and Prince Edward Island.
So, what do you suggest? We would prefer someplace we haven't been yet. And remember, it must be someplace that isn't booked up months in advance.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 2 Flying from Toronto to London
- 3 Rental car
- 4 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 5 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 6 Montreal in April
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Cross country drive
- 9 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 12 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 13 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 14 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 15 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 16 First family trip to Toronto.
- 17 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 18 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 19 Calgary Stampede
- 20 2 days in Vancouver
- 21 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 22 Northern Lights
- 23 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 24 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 25 Canadian Rockies photography