My wife Jeane told me yesterday that she wants to purchase an alms bowl and a small gong in either Bangkok or Kathmandu next February. Any suggestions? I would think that alms bowls are fairly ubiquitous but don't know about gongs. In any case we have not shopped for either on past trips. We will be in Bangkok during mid-week so the weekend market will not work.
Where to buy an Alms Bowl and a Gong in Bangkok?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 2 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 3 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 4 Castle & King
- 5 North Vietnam Again!
- 6 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 7 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 8 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 9 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 10 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 11 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 12 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 13 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 14 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 15 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 16 One week in India
- 17 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 18 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 19 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 20 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 21 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 22 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 23 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 24 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?
- 25 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?