We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Singapore several years ago and had a wonderful time -- in particular, we loved the service on the Club level (gratis food and beverages available all day it seemed). Last year in Singapore, the Club was closed for renovation and we decided to stay at the Shangri-La instead. We have a one-night stay in Singapore this year and intended to go back to a Club-level room at the Ritz. Having read posts that the hotel has been in decline, however, we are wondering if we should choose the newly renovated Mandarin Oriental's club level instead. Has anyone stayed in the Ritz and/or the MO RECENTLY (within the last few months) -- we would really appreciate feedback on the current state of affairs at each place. Thanks!
Ritz Carlton versus Mandarin Oriental in Singapore
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed