Two friends and I will be arriving at Tokyo on 27 December late afternoon and leaving on early morning of 1st Jan. That makes 4 full days to sightsee.
We have more or less settled (unless there are better options) on doing Matsumoto and Tokyo with a day-trip to Enoshima.
We plan to set off for Matsumoto on early morning of 28th, spend a night there and then back to Tokyo on 29th late morning.
Is a full day at Matsumoto enough? Should we stretch it to two? The castle is definitely a must-do but we are not really that keen on shrines and museums. Are there places besides these that we shouldn’t miss?
What are the chances of it snowing in Matsumoto city when we are there? I've been trying to get an idea of its past years' snowfall but unsuccessful.
We are skipping Kamakura town. From what we have read on Enoshima from Wikitravel and some other sites so far, it sounds more like a summer retreat for the locals.
How is it during the winter? We don’t mind that it’s much quieter but is business still as usual? We do not want to end up at a place where most of the shops cater to the summer crowd and are closed in winter.
Harajuku. We have read about the cosplay scene in Harajuku on Sundays. Since we are arriving on Sunday late afternoon (reaching Narita at 16 00), will we still be in time to catch it by the time we reach Shinjuku?
Tsukiji Fish Market. Having a sushi meal there after the tuna auction sounds good but we are worried about the price. What’s the range like? Which restaurants would you recommend?
Wi-Fi In Japan:
We won’t have a laptop with us. I understand some hotel lobbies has Wi-Fi connection. What about out of them? Are there many places in Japan that provide Wi-Fi for our phones?
Sorry guys for the long list of questions. Would appreciate any help on them. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August