In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa for India
- 2 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 3 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 4 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 5 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 6 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 7 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 8 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 9 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 10 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 11 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 12 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 15 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 16 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 17 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 18 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 19 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 20 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 21 Buying jewelry in India
- 22 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 23 Chiang Mai
- 24 Phuket Weather
- 25 hanoi eats
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!