In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 2 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 3 Asia Tour Companies
- 4 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 5 Singapore
- 6 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 7 17 Day Itinerary
- 8 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 9 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 10 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 11 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 12 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 13 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 14 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 15 singapore accomodation?
- 16 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 17 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 18 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 19 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 20 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 21 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 22 Writers Needed for Japan
- 23 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 24 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 25 Bali Help