In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali Question
- 2 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 3 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 4 Vietnam - Questions
- 5 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 6 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 7 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 10 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 11 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 14 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 15 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 16 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 17 Osaka shopping
- 18 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 19 Takayama ideas in April?
- 20 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 21 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 22 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 23 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 24 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 25 Tokyo and Thailand in July