In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 4 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 5 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 6 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 7 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 8 Connaught Place
- 9 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 10 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 11 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 12 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 13 Nepal- recipe?
- 14 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 15 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 16 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 17 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 18 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 21 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 22 My SEA trip - photos update
- 23 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 24 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 25 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?