In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where best to stay in Penang
- 2 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 3 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 6 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 9 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 10 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 11 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 12 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 13 Private guide and driver for India
- 14 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 15 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 16 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 17 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 18 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 19 vietnam transportation
- 20 Private transfer from Singapore Airport
- 21 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 22 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 23 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 24 Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka
- 25 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!