In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 2 Delhi private guide
- 3 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 4 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Mumbai short visit
- 8 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 9 Phuket Beaches
- 10 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 11 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 14 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 15 Japan Itinerary!
- 16 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 17 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 18 Thailand Guides
- 19 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 20 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 21 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 22 India itinerary critique please
- 23 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 24 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!