In 2011 I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam with my best mate. We flew into Ho Chi Minh city and having never rode a bike in our lives, purchased a couple, learned to ride them, then spent four weeks cruising at our own peril. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
I've made a Web series based on our travels if you're interested @ http://www.thegreatesttrek.com/
We've also setup a Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestTrek
Most importantly though, I'd love to help out anyone whose thinking of doing the same trip and answer any questions you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan rough itinerary
- 2 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 3 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 4 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 7 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 8 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 9 Budget Servied Apt
- 10 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 11 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 12 Something about... Malaysia
- 13 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 14 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 15 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 16 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 17 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 18 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 19 Japan Itinerary!
- 20 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 21 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 22 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 23 First Trip to Japan in August
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 25 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
I spent four weeks motorcycling across Vietnam- ask me anything!