I am going to have an hour and a half layover in HK on my way to Malaysia and was hoping to do a bit of shopping at the airport during the layover. I haven't been to HK since about 1997 and have never passed through the new airport. Does anyone know how the prices are there? I'm mainly interested in picking up a few "essentials"--champagne and Chanel make-up. I usually buy these things at Singapore's Changi and find the prices there to be pretty good, especially on the Chanel. How do HK's duty free shops measure up to Changi's? To give some perspective on the wine, here in NY, I usually pay about $40 for Moet & Chandon, $37.00 for Veuve Cliquot, $35.00 for Pieper Heidsick. Will I do at least as well at HK's airport? I definitely want a couple of bottles for the trip but would rather not drag them from NY. I'm not looking for Kristal quality or even Dom Perignon (unless it's really inexpensive ), just some decent bubbly to enjoy with my husband in our hotel room.
Hong Kong Airport Duty Free Shopping
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Ubud Tips
- 3 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 4 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 7 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 8 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 9 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 10 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 First time to srilanka
- 15 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 16 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 17 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 20 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 21 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 22 Nepal
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!