I am going to have an hour and a half layover in HK on my way to Malaysia and was hoping to do a bit of shopping at the airport during the layover. I haven't been to HK since about 1997 and have never passed through the new airport. Does anyone know how the prices are there? I'm mainly interested in picking up a few "essentials"--champagne and Chanel make-up. I usually buy these things at Singapore's Changi and find the prices there to be pretty good, especially on the Chanel. How do HK's duty free shops measure up to Changi's? To give some perspective on the wine, here in NY, I usually pay about $40 for Moet & Chandon, $37.00 for Veuve Cliquot, $35.00 for Pieper Heidsick. Will I do at least as well at HK's airport? I definitely want a couple of bottles for the trip but would rather not drag them from NY. I'm not looking for Kristal quality or even Dom Perignon (unless it's really inexpensive ), just some decent bubbly to enjoy with my husband in our hotel room.
Hong Kong Airport Duty Free Shopping
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 2 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 3 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 6 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 7 Indonesian visa update
- 8 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Vietnam October 2014
- 13 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 14 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 15 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 16 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 17 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 18 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Myranmar VISA
- 23 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 24 slightly... paranoid parent
- 25 Takayama vs. Matsumoto