I am going to have an hour and a half layover in HK on my way to Malaysia and was hoping to do a bit of shopping at the airport during the layover. I haven't been to HK since about 1997 and have never passed through the new airport. Does anyone know how the prices are there? I'm mainly interested in picking up a few "essentials"--champagne and Chanel make-up. I usually buy these things at Singapore's Changi and find the prices there to be pretty good, especially on the Chanel. How do HK's duty free shops measure up to Changi's? To give some perspective on the wine, here in NY, I usually pay about $40 for Moet & Chandon, $37.00 for Veuve Cliquot, $35.00 for Pieper Heidsick. Will I do at least as well at HK's airport? I definitely want a couple of bottles for the trip but would rather not drag them from NY. I'm not looking for Kristal quality or even Dom Perignon (unless it's really inexpensive ), just some decent bubbly to enjoy with my husband in our hotel room.
Hong Kong Airport Duty Free Shopping
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 3 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Japan night bus
- 7 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 8 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 9 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 13 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 14 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 15 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 18 Japan, japan
- 19 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala