I'm new to this forum. Just planning a trip to Japan in July of this year and we would like to go to the Hakone Area. From what I have read, Gora seems to be the best spot for what we want. That is: slightly away from the crowded areas, near the Open Air Museum, not far from the Pola Museum, and is near the Yunessun Spa theme park.
I am somewhat set at staying at Gora Kansuiro. It is not quite as expensive as some of the other high end Ryokans. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there? And if so, do you know specifically what room you were in? (The rooms are named, for eg: "Sakura" or "Yuri".) My SO is not as keen due to the price, so I want to guarantee that we are getting the right room before paying so much. We would like a room with a private onsen overlooking the garden.
I have emailed the Ryokan directly, but have not heard back from them. Any help would be great. And any other suggestions as to what to do in the area would also be welcome.
We are also going to spend 1 night at Koyasan. Still yet to find a Shukubo that will be less touristy. Not looking for anything high end there. The one night in Gora is our only night we are willing to splurge. (On average, we've only spent about $75 each per night for accommodation.)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 An ode to the beautiful military retreats!
- 3 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 4 Something about... Malaysia
- 5 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 6 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 7 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 8 Budget Servied Apt
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Terracotta Warriors
- 11 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 12 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 13 hiking japan sept
- 14 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 15 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 16 The best way to My Son
- 17 Japan Itinerary!
- 18 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 19 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 20 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 21 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 22 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 23 Japan rough itinerary
- 24 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 25 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas