I'm new to this forum. Just planning a trip to Japan in July of this year and we would like to go to the Hakone Area. From what I have read, Gora seems to be the best spot for what we want. That is: slightly away from the crowded areas, near the Open Air Museum, not far from the Pola Museum, and is near the Yunessun Spa theme park.
I am somewhat set at staying at Gora Kansuiro. It is not quite as expensive as some of the other high end Ryokans. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there? And if so, do you know specifically what room you were in? (The rooms are named, for eg: "Sakura" or "Yuri".) My SO is not as keen due to the price, so I want to guarantee that we are getting the right room before paying so much. We would like a room with a private onsen overlooking the garden.
I have emailed the Ryokan directly, but have not heard back from them. Any help would be great. And any other suggestions as to what to do in the area would also be welcome.
We are also going to spend 1 night at Koyasan. Still yet to find a Shukubo that will be less touristy. Not looking for anything high end there. The one night in Gora is our only night we are willing to splurge. (On average, we've only spent about $75 each per night for accommodation.)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 8 A first time for everything in Japan
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand