I'm new to this forum. Just planning a trip to Japan in July of this year and we would like to go to the Hakone Area. From what I have read, Gora seems to be the best spot for what we want. That is: slightly away from the crowded areas, near the Open Air Museum, not far from the Pola Museum, and is near the Yunessun Spa theme park.
I am somewhat set at staying at Gora Kansuiro. It is not quite as expensive as some of the other high end Ryokans. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there? And if so, do you know specifically what room you were in? (The rooms are named, for eg: "Sakura" or "Yuri".) My SO is not as keen due to the price, so I want to guarantee that we are getting the right room before paying so much. We would like a room with a private onsen overlooking the garden.
I have emailed the Ryokan directly, but have not heard back from them. Any help would be great. And any other suggestions as to what to do in the area would also be welcome.
We are also going to spend 1 night at Koyasan. Still yet to find a Shukubo that will be less touristy. Not looking for anything high end there. The one night in Gora is our only night we are willing to splurge. (On average, we've only spent about $75 each per night for accommodation.)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 2 North India Itinerary advice
- 3 The Indian money crunch.
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 The truth about elephant tourism
- 6 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 7 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 12 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 13 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 14 Kerala trip
- 15 E Visa for India?
- 16 1-2 months South East Asia
- 17 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 18 Help - India.
- 19 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 20 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 21 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 22 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 23 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 24 Side trips from Taipei
- 25 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days