I have a less than 24 hour layover in Beijing. I actually land at in Beijing at 6:20 pm and will leave the next day on a 2:00pm flight to Bangkok. I plan to be back at the airport by noon for check-in.
I am traveling with my 13 y.o. so I thought it would be nice to do a layover tour. I am not sure how doable that will be since we get in kind of late. Plus, we wanted to do one of those layover tours.
We were thinking of seeing the Great Wall OR the Forbidden City (as I don't think we can pull of both sites with the schedule we have).
Any comments, suggestions, ideas will be really appreciated, especially on the feasibility of my plans.
Also, hotels -- nearer to the airport or more central?? Any recommendations?
I thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 5 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 6 Japan Rail Pass
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Sri Lanka May
- 9 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 10 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad