I have a less than 24 hour layover in Beijing. I actually land at in Beijing at 6:20 pm and will leave the next day on a 2:00pm flight to Bangkok. I plan to be back at the airport by noon for check-in.
I am traveling with my 13 y.o. so I thought it would be nice to do a layover tour. I am not sure how doable that will be since we get in kind of late. Plus, we wanted to do one of those layover tours.
We were thinking of seeing the Great Wall OR the Forbidden City (as I don't think we can pull of both sites with the schedule we have).
Any comments, suggestions, ideas will be really appreciated, especially on the feasibility of my plans.
Also, hotels -- nearer to the airport or more central?? Any recommendations?
I thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 2 Family Friendly Penang
- 3 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 4 Train trip costs help please
- 5 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 6 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 7 Weather forecast
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 11 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 12 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 13 Sri Lanka advice
- 14 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 15 Ryokan in Japan
- 16 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 17 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 18 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Itinerary & airport help
- 21 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 22 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 23 Snapshots From Kerala
- 24 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 25 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company