I have a less than 24 hour layover in Beijing. I actually land at in Beijing at 6:20 pm and will leave the next day on a 2:00pm flight to Bangkok. I plan to be back at the airport by noon for check-in.
I am traveling with my 13 y.o. so I thought it would be nice to do a layover tour. I am not sure how doable that will be since we get in kind of late. Plus, we wanted to do one of those layover tours.
We were thinking of seeing the Great Wall OR the Forbidden City (as I don't think we can pull of both sites with the schedule we have).
Any comments, suggestions, ideas will be really appreciated, especially on the feasibility of my plans.
Also, hotels -- nearer to the airport or more central?? Any recommendations?
I thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan