I have a less than 24 hour layover in Beijing. I actually land at in Beijing at 6:20 pm and will leave the next day on a 2:00pm flight to Bangkok. I plan to be back at the airport by noon for check-in.
I am traveling with my 13 y.o. so I thought it would be nice to do a layover tour. I am not sure how doable that will be since we get in kind of late. Plus, we wanted to do one of those layover tours.
We were thinking of seeing the Great Wall OR the Forbidden City (as I don't think we can pull of both sites with the schedule we have).
Any comments, suggestions, ideas will be really appreciated, especially on the feasibility of my plans.
Also, hotels -- nearer to the airport or more central?? Any recommendations?
I thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.biotestosteronexrtry.com/testo-xtreme-xl/
- 2 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 3 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 4 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 7 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 8 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 9 November, March, June... Japan?
- 10 Itinerary Help Japan
- 11 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 12 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 13 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 14 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 15 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 16 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 22 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 23 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 24 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 25 Car and driver agra to jaipur