I changed my plans "just" a little bit, exchanging the small part on the Garden Route for one night in Durban and two nights at a game reserve close to Hluhluwe and Phinda.
I was wondering which are the better zones to stay in Durban in May. We are thinking about strolling around the promenade, maybe swimming at the beach, going to some markets and go to restaurants to go on trying the South African food.
I have seen many hotels at Umhlanga and others close to the waterfront or some squares behind the waterfront. What should be my keyword when looking at hotels? or guesthouses.
We look comfort but not luxury this time, and a charming place with nice service.
Any recommendation would be great
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 4 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 5 Zanzibar
- 6 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 9 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Duba activities - help deciding
- 15 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 18 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 19 Texting from US to Israel
- 20 Itinerary Ideas
- 21 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 22 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 23 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 24 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 25 first family kenyan safari trip report