I changed my plans "just" a little bit, exchanging the small part on the Garden Route for one night in Durban and two nights at a game reserve close to Hluhluwe and Phinda.
I was wondering which are the better zones to stay in Durban in May. We are thinking about strolling around the promenade, maybe swimming at the beach, going to some markets and go to restaurants to go on trying the South African food.
I have seen many hotels at Umhlanga and others close to the waterfront or some squares behind the waterfront. What should be my keyword when looking at hotels? or guesthouses.
We look comfort but not luxury this time, and a charming place with nice service.
Any recommendation would be great
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 4 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 5 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 6 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 7 First trip to Africa
- 8 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 9 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 10 Uganda Visa
- 11 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 12 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 13 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 14 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 15 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 16 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 17 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 18 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 19 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 20 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 21 Fes or Marrakech?
- 22 Transfer at JNB airport
- 23 Egypt - Need Help!
- 24 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 25 NBO Airport Transfer?