I changed my plans "just" a little bit, exchanging the small part on the Garden Route for one night in Durban and two nights at a game reserve close to Hluhluwe and Phinda.
I was wondering which are the better zones to stay in Durban in May. We are thinking about strolling around the promenade, maybe swimming at the beach, going to some markets and go to restaurants to go on trying the South African food.
I have seen many hotels at Umhlanga and others close to the waterfront or some squares behind the waterfront. What should be my keyword when looking at hotels? or guesthouses.
We look comfort but not luxury this time, and a charming place with nice service.
Any recommendation would be great
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech
- 2 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 3 Dead Sea day trip
- 4 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 5 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 6 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 7 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 8 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 9 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 10 Itinerary Ideas
- 11 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 12 Travel to Botswana
- 13 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 14 Loldia House Kenya
- 15 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 16 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 17 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 18 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 19 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 20 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 21 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 22 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 23 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 24 Using US Dollars in Israel ?
- 25 Fraudulent Safari Operator