I changed my plans "just" a little bit, exchanging the small part on the Garden Route for one night in Durban and two nights at a game reserve close to Hluhluwe and Phinda.
I was wondering which are the better zones to stay in Durban in May. We are thinking about strolling around the promenade, maybe swimming at the beach, going to some markets and go to restaurants to go on trying the South African food.
I have seen many hotels at Umhlanga and others close to the waterfront or some squares behind the waterfront. What should be my keyword when looking at hotels? or guesthouses.
We look comfort but not luxury this time, and a charming place with nice service.
Any recommendation would be great
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi