Nice place to stay near Atlanta.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Joanne

Nice place to stay near Atlanta.

Will be traveling to visit my nephew in Douglasville near Atlanta. Need a nice place to stay in a safe area. Will probably be for just one night. Nephew is willing to travel to where we are staying and go out to dinner. Someplace near some nice restaurants would be great. Casual and reasonable prices. Thanks.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Jason

Douglasville is west of Atlanta on I-20. There are not a whole lot of hotels on that side of town, other than typical interstate motels. Most of the restaurants are in Buckhead, however rooms are not reasonable in this area (probably around $100/night). There are several hotels in the Cumberland/Vinings area where I-75 and I-285 intersect. This area should be cheaper than Buckhead. Another possible area is around Perimeter Center where I-285 and GA-400 cross. Both Cumberland/Vinings and Perimeter Center are typical suburban office areas each with a large mall and several nearby restaurants. You will probably want to eat in Buckhead no matter where you stay. Perhaps you should stay out near Douglasville and have your nephew pick you up on the way into the city. This would be the cheapest option.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Owen O'Neill

When I go to Atlanta on business we always stay in Perimter Center area due to its proximity to our customers. It's a bit of a drive north of the city but not too far from Buckhead. Very much a quiet suburban business area. We stay at Amerisuites for $89 per night and there are lots of other chain motels in the area (some cheaper). Plenty of chain restaurants nearby but not much thatinterested me. We did end up eating one night at Houston's because they wre all we could find that was open late. Apparently it's a small regional chain (?) but I was truly impressed by the quality of the food and ambiance was nice. Not cheap but very good. We ate one night at the Atlanta Fish Market and although we had the waiter from hell (not mean - just totally inept and confused) and the shrimp appetizers were mediocre, the fish was absolutely incredible. It was by far the best fish I've ever had - really that good.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Joanne

I don't really want to stay too close to the city. We will be traveling on I-75 and don't want to venture too far from the Interstate. Willing to spend around $100 for a nice place to stay. Not looking for anything fancy where restaurants are concerned. Just good food at a reasonable price in a casual atmosphere.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 11:26 AM
T.M.

Joanne:

I would recommend the Galleria/Cumberland Mall area as it is right off I-75 and has a number of quality hotels. The Galleria Sheraton Suites is especially nice, I think, but there is also a Doubletree Suites there as well.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 03:00 PM
RB

Two casual, fun restaurants are located on Windy Hill Drive, right off 75. Pappadeaux, which serves Cajun/seafood, and its Mexican sister, Pappasito's. The food is good at both places, althought I'd give the edge to Pappadeaux. The margaritas at Pappasito's are mighty fine, though. This would not be too far for you if you stayed in the Galleria/Cumberland area. If you didn't want to get on 285, you could come up Hwy 41 (Cobb Parkway), make a left on Windy Hill, which will cross over I-75. You'll see Pappadeaux and Pappasito's up on the right.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:56 PM
bj

If anyone is interested in a boutique style all-suite hotel in Atlanta, try the Regency Suites in Midtown. They are very affordable and include breakfast and dinner in the rate. Convenient location and friendly staff.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:20 PM
Chris

We were just in Atlanta last weekend for the Final 4 and stayed at the Sheraton Suites Galleria at the intersection od I-285 and I-75. Rooms are suites and are very comfortable. The rate that we paid on the weekend was $89 and included a full breakfast for 2. Parking is free and just off I-285. I suspect that this is hard to beat for quality, safety, and price.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:04 PM
Joanne

Thanks Chris. You are the second person to recommend the Sheraton Suites Galleria. It sounds like just what I am looking for. Not a bad rate for full breakfast for 2 and free parking. Thanks for all the information.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:42 PM
bj

If anyone is interested in a boutique style all-suite hotel in Atlanta, try the Regency Suites in Midtown. They are very affordable and include breakfast and dinner in the rate. Convenient location and friendly staff.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:17 PM
t

ttt

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:06 PM
lclarknj

hi joanne,

you can also try the embassy suites galleria. same location as the sheraton, nice breakfast and a manager's cocktail hour with free drinks and snacks every afternoon. you could eat at ray's on the river - about 3 miles from the hotel, right on the banks of the chatahoochee river, and awesome food! have fun.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:45 AM
summer

Hello u peoples my family and I are moving to Atlanta n a week.I need to know some good schools for the year coming up for elementary and first time high. Can anyone help me? THANK VERY MUCH...........