Yountville Inn or Napa Valley Lodge?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently booked at the Napa Valley Lodge but I have the option to stay at the Yountville in instead. Which is the better choice. The Yountville in is $100 cheaper for 3 nights. Any feedback would be great.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 07:36 PM

In this case, you get what you pay for. We love Yountville and usually stay at the Vintage Inn (especially off-season when we can get a better rate.) We have had two bad experiences at The Yountville. The first time, we were placed in a room below other guests who came home very late, intoxicated and up all night flushing the toilet, etc. When we finally went to the front desk to complain, the asst. mgr. let it slip that they had trouble with these guests the previous night as well. How unfortunate that they chose to check us in with our young daughter, right below them. Another time, we were given a room with a single window, very small at very high (way above eye level) and the room was as dark as a prison cell. Yountville, and all of the Napa Valley, can be very pricey, but if you want to enjoy your accomodations, I advise you to stick with Napa Valley Lodge.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 01:36 PM

We've had two very pleasant experiences at the Yountville Inn. The first time we were there to celebrate a birthday, complimentary champagne was delivered to our room, without us even asking!

We have had rooms on the lower level, that open our with french doors to the small patio there. The rooms are very spacious, beds are wonderful, spacious bathrooms, etc. The swimming pool is heated and there is a jacuzzi. The buffet breakfast is wonderful, served in a gorgeous room. (We like to take our food out to the pool area and eat.)

We also received two complimentary passes to the Reserve tasting at Stag's Leap that was very nice. Front desk staff is cordial and very helpful. We were very happy with both stays there, and I'm pretty picky when it comes to lodging! I'm sure you'll be very happy with either choice, Yountville is a delightful place. Cheers! ***kim***
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 01:46 PM

On more thought, the Yountville Inn is right across the way from Domaine Chandon. I do hope you schedule some time to tour this gourgeous place and perhaps have lunch out on their patio there. Plan on lots of pictures at this place!

We are headed to the Sonoma/Santa Rosa area next month, then Napa Valley in May. I find Napa Valley (Yountville, St. Helena) to be a bit more upscale and elegant than the Sonoma/Petaluma area, but thats' just my opinion. Have a wonderful time! Cheers! ***kim***
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM

We stayed at the Yountville Inn and had a beautiful, very large room with a fireplace and livingroom area at the terrace end (shaded, quiet, private terrace) with sliding doors, table and chairs in another area and a king size bed. It had cathedral ceilings so no one was above us. The only other window (small) was near the bathroom so the room was a bit dark but we just put on all the lights when we wanted light. The pool area was nice and we were within walking distance of shops, retaurants, etc. We liked it very much.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 04:12 PM

We spent a night @ Yountville Inn in April 2002 - PG, but no bargain.
It was our first trip to wine country since a month in Sept 1976 - no comparison.
M