Sonoma/Napa B&B Recommended?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:38 AM
Gayle

Sonoma/Napa B&B Recommended?

I'm sending my parents to a B&B (3 nights)for their anniversary in August and would be grateful for specific recommendations. Thanks- Gayle

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
Kim

We stayed at the Yountville Inn last May and loved it. The rooms are huge and all come with fireplace and sitting area. The continental breakfast included muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, pastries. It was the best continental breakfast I have ever seen. The lobby is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the breakfast. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It's also smack in the middle of the valley and walking distance to a few great restaurants.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
deb

Gayle,
I also recently stayed at the Yountville Inn and loved it. I wrote a detailed trip report about it, so give a look. be sure to get their AARP discount!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:33 AM
Carrie

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Zinfandel Inn in Napa. It was gorgeous!! We loved the Chardonney room. It was spacious with a fireplace, big bed, huge bathroom and very romantic. Every morning we woke up to a cooked to order breakfast.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Christine

Gayle -

Our favorite B&Bs in Napa Valley are Castle in the Clouds and Oak Knoll. Both have only 4 rooms and are located in the Valley, not one of the cities, so they are private but close to wineries. They both get great reviews in trade publications and guide books. You can check them out at their web sites (I don't have URLs, but you can find them at napavalley.com). A word of caution though, if you are looking for August, these places might already be booked. If so, Carrie's suggestion of the Zinfandel Inn is also very nice.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:45 AM
J. Shelly

I vote for the Yountville Inn, too. It's a nice place and guests can walk around town, even to diner. For a real treat, I suggest The French Laundry forr dinner right in town. Call early (two months) for reservations, though.