rants or raves on Healdsburg Inn in Sonoma

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:51 PM
sdelder

rants or raves on Healdsburg Inn in Sonoma

Has anyone stayed at this new inn? their website looks great, but I can't find any reviews anywhere.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Ani

Hi-I had my bridal shower there-(was married at Trentadue winery in Geyserville)-and although we didn't stay there-I wish we would have been able to-we toured all of the rooms and it is just lovely!!! All decorated differently with antiques-beautiful victorian building-you can't go wrong!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:06 AM
linda

I, too , saw H Inn 2 wks ago and it lokked fantastic. Did you check Fodor's Rants and Raves? I believe it is reviewed there. We stayed at a B&B in Healdsburg- I HIGHLY recommend staying in this town- it is wonderful.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 10:14 AM
sdelder

Thank you Linda and Ani. Did you happen to notice if the rooms are a decent size? Also, we will be in Healdsburg for 3 nights. It sounds like there is plenty to do. My husband will be playing golf most mornings. Do you know anything about the hotel healdsburg?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Ani

The rooms aren't terribly large-I beleive they are all different sizes though obviously some larger than others...but it won't matter-they are all wonderful. There is so much to do around Healdsburg-it is in the Alexander Valley which has a winery around every corner! No info on Hotel Healdsburg though...

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 10:44 AM
linda

Hi again. We managed to get a reservation at the Hotel- the new Dry Creek Kitchen. You'll need to make a reservation as SOON as possible. The Hotel is beautiful and $$$.Right in the heart of the city- at night you can walk to all the stores and restaurants. Also, we loved Manzanita's resturant.Please use the search function and enter Sonoma for my trip report. It's in 2 parts.Some of the smaller wineries are so much fun. Be sure to visit the lookout on Lake Sonoma- breathtaking!Head up to Geyserville for the best deli lunches at Hoffmann House.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 11:30 AM
sdelder

Thanks Linda, I can't find your trip report, what was the date? So I'm wondering... which is the best choice the Healdsburg Inn or Hotel Healdsburg?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 11:44 AM
linda

gee, the search engine sure glitches a lot....I just posted that a week ago!I hope this is your email- I sent you a copy of our report. Hope you have a great time!