Advice on Napa Valley Lodging

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Napa Valley Lodging

I will be travelling to Napa Valley very soon and is now looking for a hotel. Inn at the Southbridge at St. Helena is on the list, but i don't see much comments on this hotel. Has someone stayed there and is it good?
How about the Napa Valley Lodge (Yountville), Cottage Grove Inn (Calistoga) and La Belle Epoque (Napa)? Any recommendations are welcome.
Need advice urgently.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:14 PM

We stayed at Vintage Inn in Yountville and really liked the grounds and the rooms (two-person jacuzzis in the room, fireplace and the BEST beds). I wouldn't stay in Napa town - not quaint enough...
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:17 PM

I agree with you on that TravelDiva, we don't even stop on our way through! ***kim***
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

thx, TravelDiva and Kim. Checked out Vintage Inn, they have a offer of $275 but room is at perimeter location. Will that has lots of noice or close to main road? Yountville Inn also has room available, with standard room at same rate. Napa Valley Lodge charges slight lower at $240. Still undecisive.... The photos on the both web looks good, but sometimes the actual will turn out differently.
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 07:33 AM

I would go with the Yountville, the location is better and the property is very nice. Try to get a room with a patio that opens to the creek in the back.

The bathrooms are very nice with marble and large soaking tubs, the buffet presentation in the am is very nice and when we stayed there we received two complimentary passes to Stag's Leap reserve tastings.

I also enjoy the pool/jacuzzi area at YI, very nice and open until midnight so you don't have to rush back from dinner to soak in the spa before bedtime. ***kim***
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 04:44 PM

My husband and I just spent one night last week at the Cottage Grove Inn. It was absolutely wonderful! Very clean, cute and quiet - outside of the busier end of the valley. The staff was very friendly, it was an all-around good experience. Just wish we had a few more nights to spend there!
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 07:01 PM

We loved the Vintage Inn. There a couple of great restaurants within walking distance, some shopping and a great spa at their sister property next door.
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Would that be the Villagio, Jayne? We're thinking of staying there our next trip. ***kim***
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM

If you want romance - Cottage Grove Inn.
Such fabulous little cottages with all
of the luxury you could want. But our
favorite place is the Yountille Inn. Large, spacious rooms with fireplace and
big bathrooms. Very reasonable with offers online sometimes. Villagio is
nice - but small rooms. Yountville is
terrific for walking to several rest.
and shops. In Napa proper - we found
the Napa River Inn to be in a good local
with a nice rest. below and very romantic rooms. Great old building.
Have fun.
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 05:28 PM

I am such a fan of the Cottage Grove Inn. We've stayed there twice already this year. You will completely unwind. And it is soooo romantic but not in a cheesy way. Huge tub. Cozy cozy cozy. Free juice and water in the in-room fridge. Essential Oils soaps and shampoo. 5pm is wine and snacks and they have a lending library of VHS movies. Think I'll make a reservation for myself right now...