Yosemite West Condos - Help

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:14 AM
C Davis

Yosemite West Condos - Help

We have reservations at Yosemite West Condos for June. I just found this site and have read the negative comments many have left about this place. Has anyone stayed there recently and how was your experience? I can't get a refund (less than 30 days) and budget will not allow me to just eat the bill and stay somewhere else. This is a lifelong dream to visit Yosemite and now I am already so disappointed that we are staying at apparently a dump. Any details would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know a site where you can get menu prices for all the eating places inside the park. (budget worries). THANKS, C

Old May 14th, 2002, 02:28 PM
hobojo

Look, first of all calm down. How long are you staying there? You are in Yosemite. YOSEMITE! How long are you going to be in the condo? A few hours in the morning and a few hours at night, right? You will be out all day enjoying a great park. Yosemite West has a great location-you won't have to drive 30 miles just to get to the gate of the park. I stayed there through the Four Seasons rental company. The problem there is that there are a few rental companies that are not on site. The Four Seasons desk is open at least 10 hours per day. Yes, lots of things were wrong-but when I told them about it-they fixed it. It was stupid little things that no one probably bothered to tell them about. For the price, it looked better than those horrible tents they had in the park. Also, that valley was so damn crowded that we were happy to get away to a quiet spot. Let us know how you do when you get back.

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:27 PM
hobojo

I forgot to mention that since you are worried about staying within your budget for meals, that the condo's have
BBQ's. Why not just buy some food and grill up some simple foods? You will eat healthier and save a fortune. Good food in the park costs big bucks-the reasonably priced stuff was pretty junky. Pick up some fresh fruits on the way into the park-you will be passing through some beautiful farm country. Enjoy- you will have a great time.

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:09 AM
rob

did you reserve a loft unit or an efficiency? I'm one of the original Yosemite west bashers (we had the efficiency)...all I can say is for the money, it was a bad deal. we got a room at yosemite lodge for the rest of our stay and it was 10 times nicer and $10 cheaper. oh, well...live and learn. I'll never reserve a room AND pay in advance based on a pretty picture on the internet. don't worry to much about it..the place will keep the rain off of your head.

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:56 AM
C Davis

Thanks rob & hobojo for your replys. We are renting the condo through Scenic Wonders. We will only be there for two days and nights (boohoo) and I know we WILL have a great time. Luxuries are irrevelant and unimportant to us and we are resilient to make the best of whatever - just hope our condo is clean (bed & shower) and reasonably comfortable. When you work all year and get a few days to vacation ya just want it to be the best it can be. I know Yosemite will be unbelievable - I've never seen a waterfall!! About the budget worries related to food. I'm not a cheapscape but the lady from Scenic Wonders told me the breakfast buffet at Wawona (nearest breakfast)was $30 each. I was raised on a chicken (egg) farm and I'm sure I'll starve before I pay somebody $30!!!! for eggs. (HA HA) THANKS again for your reassurances and I'll post a trip report when we return. C

Old May 15th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Jon

C. Please post when you return. I was fortunate to get reservatins at Yosemite Lodge but I'm taking five teens and I have a real concern (and budget) about the amount of money we'll be spending on meals. Any insight on where to eat and how to cut costs would be appreciated. Looking forward to your trip report. Enjoy your stay at Yosemite.

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:05 AM
rob

as far as food.......don't forget there is a grocery store in the valley and the condo's have a kitchen. we also ate at the buffet for dinner and the cafeteria for breakfast (next to yosemite lodge lobby) ....don't recall the prices but they must have been reasonable or I wouldn't have eaten there.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:17 AM
John

We rented a house through Yosemite 4 Seasons last year. It was as nice, if not nicer, than we expected based on their website. I would use the company again, and enjoyed the location - quiet but not too far away from Yosemite Valley.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 01:20 PM
C Davis

Fantastic Wonderful Trip!!!
Even with all my research and pictures viewed, nothing prepared me for the majestic beauty. From sun up to sundown, every where your eyes looked was a postcard. First, the Scenic Wonders Condo at Yosemite West was great. We had no problems and were very pleased with the accomodations. The location was great too. We followed the "2 days at Yosemite" itinerary from Phil on Yosemitefun.com. Food was not a problem. We ate for average of $10 meal. Food was average. Do not miss drive through Tioga Pass Road. It is breathtaking scenery - all the way. Thanks for everyone's input. C