Reload this Page >

Hotels near Lincoln Center

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Monique

I will be travelling to NYC July 4th weekend and would like accommodations near Lincoln Center. Been checking online and saw The Hudson Hotel and also The Empire Hotel. Can anyone give me any information on these two properties? The Hudson looked real new-wave, while the Empire didn't look like much. They were running a cheap rate at the Empire -- is this for a reason?? Any information you could give on The Hudson or The Empire would be most appreciated!

Also, if you could recommend another property near Lincoln Center, that would be great too!

Thanks for your help!!

Monique

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:30 AM
a

The Empire is across the street from Lincoln Center. It is an older hotel but don't recall reading any negative posts in the recent past. You could consider the Beacon - W.75th and Broadway. Have only read positive postings on this hotel.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:47 AM
lisa

The Empire is a Radisson hotel. There is nothing wrong with it -- it will be a standard, larger, chain-type hotel. If you like the comfort of being in a chain (you know what you'll get), it's a good choice.

You are right that the Hudson is newer and a "boutique" hotel -- which may mean trendy, but small rooms. The Beacon gets good reviews on this site, in part, because it is less expensive and includes a kitchenette. I can't recall if you can get suites there, too. It is a smaller hotel and I'm not sure how old or full-service it is.

Another choice is the Mayflower on Central Park West. It's a nice hotel, nice location and often runs specials in the summer.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Sarah

I'm just back from a two-night stay at the Empire (using their deal where you get the last night of a two-or-more day stay for free. They were out of $119 rooms; I splurged on a queen deluxe ($169) instead of standard ($149). "Deluxe" it wasn't, but it was certainly worth $169 for two nights. The location can't be beat for Lincoln Center. Management seemed less than competent and there were strange policies - e.g. if you book for two days on the 2/1 deal, and you leave after the first day, you will be charged for the second day (which is free if you stay). Is that weird or what? But the breakfast room (there's a nice $16 buffet) was gorgeous and the servers were excellent. One of them told me that business is off and the hotel is up for sale. Bottom line: It was clean; the location is tops - I'd stay there again on the same deal, despite some annoyances.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Frank

Sarah: The Empire Hotel is up for sale and may be turned into condo's.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 01:22 PM
lincoln center gal

monique,

used to attend julliard and lived in the rose building at lincoln center for over a year. many a friends and family who came to visit stayed at the empire. the location cannot be beat and you can conveniently walk most everywhere/catch a cab if necessary in a jiffy. upon visiting friends and sometimes staying with my parents in their room at the empire, i thought it was totally decent, clean, comfortable and affordable for such a great spot in the upper west side. i would say comparable to any marriott or radisson room. i've never stayed at the hudson. for the price of the empire though, i would have no reservations in suggesting them! enjoy being so close to lincoln center -it is magical there!