Yankee Stadium Seating Questions

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Yankee Stadium Seating Questions

I impulsively decided a couple of days ago to fly to NYC next week with my son to celebrate his 17th birthday. One of the highlights of our trip will be attending a Yankees/Mets game. Since the game was sold out long ago, I have spent hours browsing ticket broker sites and Ebay looking for decent seats. I have narrowed it down to two choices:
1)MVP Main Reserved seats, Box 284 (near 3rd base) or
2) Section M2AL, in a wheelchair-accessible alcove behind home plate, in back of the Main Reserved seating. The seats are padded folding chairs. The seller mentions an overhang which may block views of high pop-ups.

Both pairs of tickets are priced at $100 per ticket.

For those of you that know Yankee Stadium, which are the more desirable seats?

Also, at the risk of sounding dense, I am curious about the Bleacher Seating. When viewing the seating charts, these sections appear to be right at field level with a great view. Since they are priced way below the other stadium seats, I'm assuming there must be some major disadvantage to sitting there-??
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:48 PM

Hi Meg -

Coincidentally, we had MVP Box 284 seats this past Friday for Clemens' 300th victory! I just looked at my tickets, and they do say MVP BOXES, not MVP Main Reserved, and they were in Row G. These seats would correspond with Section 20 Main Reserved. In any case, they were just past 3rd base and I think they would be much better than your other alternative. Best thing to do is log onto Yankkes.com and look at the detailed seating charts there. Have fun!!!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:48 PM

Oops, that's yankees.com, NOT yankkes.com!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 05:00 PM

The bleacher seats can be an economical way to view a game. But, for a Yankees-Mets game, they might be a tough ticket, except through a scalper. The bleachers can also be bit rough, shall we say. Best leave those seats to the regular Yankee Stadium Bleacher Creatures.

BTW, here's the link to the Yankee Stadium interactive seating chart.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...rk_seating.jsp

One suggestion, on the main stadium levels, bathrooms are few and usually really crowded. Assuming you are a woman, Meg, my wife heads upstairs to the Loge level when nature calls as there are significantly fewer people sitting on this level and the restrooms aren't nearly as crowded.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Kal

Please excuse Margot...she's it up already...on wine she hasn't nor WILL win!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 06:03 PM

Yes, Ryan is quite right about the bleachers as probably best to avoid, especially for this series against the Mets! Don't get me wrong, it's really a lot of laughs, but can get quite raunchy, especially when the Yanks are playing their arch-enemies!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, Margot and Ryan. I decided to go with the MVP Main Box seats. I did get the impression that those bleacher seats might have somewhat of a gnarly reputation... maybe it was the ebay seller that referred to the "amazing atmosphere" in the "famous bleacher creature section". My son is enough of a party animal as it is (!) The seats still seem as if they offer a great view, though, and some of them were selling for under $10....
Now I can continue my quest for hotel bargains!