Search

Yankee game in July

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2015, 06:05 PM
pat
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yankee game in July

We will be in NYC and want to go to a Yankee game. We have heard Yankee Stadium is in a bad area, and it isn`t a good idea to go on the subway to the ball park. Should we just go by Taxi, or is this info not correct? Thanks!
Old May 19th, 2015, 10:36 PM

The subway will be full of happy Yankee fans and will not be a problem.
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:50 AM

I hope those fans will be happy on the train after the game!

Your info is not correct. Myself and countless others travel to the Stadium by the subway. You will be surrounded by hordes of people on the train and along the short walk to the entrance gates.

The area around the Stadium is perfectly fine to walk around. Very busy mix of commercial and residential, low-lower middle income.

(On the very rare occasions that we have driven there, we find free parking ont he street, sometimes quite a few blocks away. All fine, but I am not recommending that anyone drive)
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:55 AM

While not the best neighborhood the area around the stadium is perfectly safe during game times.

Definitely take the subway back and forth - not only cheaper but faster and more convenient. Note the subway goes right to the stadium.

Taking a cab or uber TO the stadium will be very expensive, since the traffic before game time will be horrendous. And after the game there will not be any cabs in the area- so you would have to reserve a car service in advance, figure out where to meet them, pay a premium price, etc.
Old May 20th, 2015, 04:56 AM

You heard wrong. The best way to get to Yankee Stadium is by subway or Metro North commuter train. No question. The area around the stadium is safe, especially before and after a game, even late at night, and the trains will be packed with other baseball fans.
Old May 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM

>

Who's spouting this nonsense? A bunch of RedSawx fans? Or the inbreds who root for the Afterthoughts in Queens?

There is no better way to reach the stadium than by the train, especially the #4 train. The area is full of the stadium crowd before and after games. I traveled there by train with no problems when NYC was a mess; now it is the safest megalopolis in the country.