Wine Country Lodging

Search

Wine Country Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wine Country Lodging

Hello! My sisters and I are taking my mother to California's wine country 9/7 through 9/12. This is for her 80th birthday. She loves her wine! There will be 5 of us. Can you please recommend where to stay that's not too expensive, preferably with a hot mineral spa facility? We'd be interested in something that would have a kitchette. We're open to any ideas you may have. Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 10:21 AM

I've heard wonderful things about the Silverado in Napa -- is that where you're thinking of going? It has a great spa. It also has specials (although that's their high season, so they might not hvae them then). I believe many of their rooms have kitchens. Also, no kitchens, but very nice with spa -- marriott napa.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM

In Somoma area I would recommend the Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa - very nice large resort with a spa on site.

In Napa Valley I would recomend any of the Spa resorts in Calistoga since most have hot springs right on site. We have stayed at the Roman Hot Springs and found it to be a nice and comfortable bargain.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 01:27 PM

>>>>>>Can you please recommend where
to stay that's not too expensive, preferably with a hot mineral spa facility? We'd be interested in something that would have
a kitchette.<<<<<<<<
I am thinking you mean kitchenette ??
The Sonoma Mission Inn is neither "not too expensive"
or that any of the rooms "would have a kitchenette".

I would advise you to search in Calistoga,in Napa County.
Calistoga Spa has 4 naturally heated mineral pools and jacuzzi pools All rooms with kitchenettes.
caslistogaspa.com

Roman Spa has 1 large outdoor mineral pool and 2 jacuzzi type mineral pools.They have family suites and kitchen suites. The grounds are quite lovely. I did not care for the spa on their property-Osmosis-if you want
a massage or mud bath go eslewhere.
romanspahotsprings.com

Indian Springs has a 2 room duplex with kitchenette and a large
Olympic size warm mineral pool.
indianspringscalistoga.com

Hideaway Cottages Have kitchens and kitchen nooks. They have a nice pool and spa.
hideawaycottages.com

You are very sweet to plan this for your mom !
Happy Birtday to Mom !
R5
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM

OOOOPPPPs
Happy BIRTHday to mom!
R5
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 02:07 PM

The Sonoma Mission Inn is wonderful. We booked a room through Winecountry.com for $169/night. www.sonomamissioninn.com is the website.

In Calistoga, go for the Indian Springs Resort, www.indianspringscalistoga.com I think my story is still on their website! The property is wonderful and the Olympic-size pool is very relaxing. If you are staying at the resort, you can use the pool until midnight. If you just have a spa treatment, until 5:00 I believe. They even let you use the pool after your check-out if you have been a registered guest at the resort. Cheers! ***kim***
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Kal

I guess when you have as much money as ***kim** does "Not too expensive" can mean Sonoma Mish Inn. LOL!

Just what is your price range, leary?
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 04:09 PM

Actually, $169 for the SMI is a great rate. learyac, the Indian Springs Resort will be over $250/night. Yes, what is your budget per night? ***kim***
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Hi, everyone! We ended up renting a lovely house at Chelsea Vineyards (in Napa). The picture looks beautiful, anyway. Now, I'm scouting the site to find the places that people feel I MUST visit. Any suggestions? Thanks!