Reload this Page >

Williamsburg Restaurants?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Me

I haven't heard anything very good about Williamsburg Restaurants. Too pricey & not very good food - I'm going with husband & 2 children (15 & 13). Can anyone recommend a restaurant?

Thank you

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 01:03 PM
amy

You should try at least one of the tavern-type places for dinner, the atmosphere is worth it, the food isn't terrible, just average. I hear the Trellis Restaurant (I think it is just outside the historic area, walking distance) is very good, and I have one friend who raves about some "death by chocolate" dessert there. If you're looking for a treat, and like BBQ, go out of your way to find Pierce's BBQ. Good stuff.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Sara

Was there several years ago and ate at an 'authentic' pub/restaurant. It was so much fun. I am so sorry I can't tell you more than that but maybe someone else can fill in my gaps. It was fun to eat the type of simple food that they would have eaten in the colonies. I really enjoyed Williamsburg and hope you do too.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:01 PM
kim

Our family just visited Williamsburg a month ago and I agree that, of the few restaurants in the walking area (CW and Merchants Square), they're all very pricey. We couldn't find any family-oriented (reasonable) places to eat, and with two adults and two teens, it cost us a small fortune in food bills. Yes, the taverns are nice, but too much money for the food! Same for the places we found in Merchants Square. One place we did like for lunch was the Cheese Shop - good sandwiches. But generally if you're going to eat in the Colonial area you'll pay a LOT.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Susan

The taverns are worth the experience but try them for lunch or brunch to lower the cost. There are four, each with a different menu. Do get Cheese Shop sandwiches then take them on a picnic along the Parkway. Sals on Richmond Rd. near Books a Million has good pizza and Italian food. Casa Maya on Bypass has great Mexican food. Second St on Second St or Polo Club on Jamestown Rd for burgers and other casual food. If you want to try the Trellis, eat outside or in the cafe for their cheaper cafe menu. You can also just order dessert later in the evening. But the best place to take your kids is Sno to Go for snow cones. It is the teen destination in Williamsburg.