Williamsburg Hotel choice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I and 10 year old child are going to be in Williamsburg prior to Thanksgiving. Given a choice of Embassy Suites versus Homewood Suites is there any plus or minus to either? We like the idea of having a living room and bedroom. Is either pool better for our child? Speaking of pools who has the best (big/child friendly)indoor pool in the Williamsburg area?
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:32 AM

We liked the ES, partly because it's off the highway (kinda behind a mall) rather than right on the road. Smallish pool, IIRC.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 12:05 PM

They seem about the same to me and I'm pretty sure both have indoor pools. I have no opinion about the best pool in town. I think the Homewood Suites is a bit newer, but they both seem very similar.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 02:06 PM

There are railroad tracks (with both passenger & freight rail) near the ES but not the HS. I've never been bothered by the noise when staying at other hotels near the track, but figured it's something you might want to know.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 06:27 PM

Our family stayed at the Embassy Suites last July, and would not stay there again. We are accustomed to the standard 2 room suites, living area and closed bedroom. However, a lot of the rooms at this hotel are actually just a bit larger than a standard hotel room, with french doors between the bedroom and living room. Therefore, at night when we wanted to stay up with the lights on, there was no way to prevent lighting up the living area (preventing our kids from sleeping). In addition, once the sofa opened into a bed, there was about 2 feet of walking area around the bed and mini-fridge area.

We complained about the room and were moved to a more expensive room the next day.

The pool was relatively small.