Wildwood, Ocean City or Long Beach Island

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:55 AM
inor

Wildwood, Ocean City or Long Beach Island

We are planning on spending the weekend of Sept 14 at the Jersey Shore. We are looking for something fun and festive with a boardwalk and businesses that are open past Labor Day, and some night life.

What do you think would be best Ocean City, Long Beach Island or Wildwood.

Thanks

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:58 AM
da

I've been going to Ocean City every year since I was 5 (I'm 29). It's a very nice area, especially if you have kids. Bear in mind, it's a dry town, but Somer's Point has the Circle Liquor store right across the bridge, if need be. It is definitely a very safe, quiet area, especially for kids. You don't have to worry about drunks coming stumbling off the boardwalk and bothering your children. If you're looking for a little more excitement, however, Wildwood is always a great place to go.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:10 PM
long

da gave a pretty good summary of Ocean City and Wildwood. Long Beach Island consists of several communites, but just about all of them are quieter and less busy that OC or Wldwd. I imagine that after Labor Day, LBI get really quiet.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:30 PM
zootsi

Another option might be Point Pleasant, which has a nice beach, and a lively boardwalk with bars, restaurants, rides, games, etc.