Search

Which Room Type at Hualalai 4 Seasons?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Room Type at Hualalai 4 Seasons?

Hi all,

We're spending part of our honeymoon at the 4S on the big island (SO excited!). Just wondering if someone who has been there can tell me whether it would be worth upgrading to an ocean front room over a prime OV room? Since it's our honeymoon, I'm happy to pay the extra if the room would really be much nicer. Any thoughts?
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM

I'm not sure if the 4S website has a site map but I would definitely request to not have an ocean view room fronting the children's pool (Sea Shell pool) or even the Beach Tree pool as it can get congested and busy. If you want to book an ocv room you'd better do it as soon as possible, as specific rooms book up months in advance. I think the quietest spot would be by the section with the Palm Grove pool. That pool is small and adults only, never much going on in that section of the hotel, better for listening to the sounds of the ocean at night. Have a great trip
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

perfect -- this is exactly the kind of thing i wanted to know so i can tell my travel agent what to request. thanks! any insight on the OV Prime v. Ocean Front room types?
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM

Sorry, I don't know as I've only stayed in the golf/ocean but I'm guessing the ocean view prime rooms are further back from the ocean front accomodations. The rooms are in reverse u shape and there are 4 separate sections of rooms with a pool in front of each, except for the golf/ocean. To me the ideal room would be directly adjacent to the front of the King's Pond. If you're looking at the semicircle of rooms from the ocean you want the direct rooms in front, closest to the water. To make things even better this is a resting place for the turtles during the evening. There is only a small sidewalk separating you from the beach sands, I think these are the nicest rooms in the resort.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 05:05 AM

Wizardpub.com has aerial views of the resort that nicely illustrated exactly what travelinwifey is saying...
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 11:43 AM

Have stayed a few times in the prime ocean f at Kings Pond. It is just perfect, near enough to everything and also quiet.