Which Room - Sandals Bahamas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have suggestions on which room to get and where in the Sandals Bahamas ? We're not going on our honeymoon but looking for a nice quiet room to enjoy a mini 3 night vacation in March 05!

Thanks !!!!!!
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:11 AM

Nothing specific, but I would request a room with a balcony if you're in an ocean front. We just assumed they all had balconies, and ours didn't. Don' t take a shot at hoping you'll get one.
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 04:31 AM

You will need to book Windsor Grande Luxe Oceanview room category and request an upper floor if you want a great view and a balcony. The Manor building is older and many rooms have no view and no balconys.
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 12:04 PM

You might want to book in the villas. Either way, go to the pool there, as it is heated. That and the jacuzzis will likely be the only thing warm enough to get into.
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 01:47 PM
KVR

We booked the Honeymoon oceanview concerige room in the Manor block. It had a very nice corner balcony overlooking the Manor pool and ocean. We never used the conceirge service or the in room bar, so felt we paid extra for nothing. The Windsor rooms are newer and more updated, therefore, cost more. We didn't feel the need to pay more as our room was just fine. We also preferred the Manor pool since the Windsor pool was consistantly crowed. Also the buffet area and outdoor grill are closer to the Manor pool.

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:32 AM

I am going in January and the negative reviews have really surprised me. Can anyone that has been there tell me about their positive experience?
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
KVR

Gorilla:

We loved SRB. We also read the good, the bad and the ugly before we left. We found the hotel to be very nice.

Here's a link to our trip report on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...d_Bahamas.html

We also have pics on our web-site at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:40 PM

We stayed last June and booked a room in the newer building. Not to put a damper on anyones trip but we found it to be horrible. The mildew in the room was overwhelming. Mold on the back of the drapes, damp moldy furniture that I scheved sitting on and greenmold in the bathrooms, ceiling etc. We switched rooms twice and it was just as bad. The smell made my nose numb after a while and my husbands eyes became swollen because of an allergy(no doubt to the mold). And to think ---all of that for 900.00 a day!!! The best quality food we ate was a hotdog at the off island restaurant. Save your money! Go elsewhere for better quality and less money.