Search

ocean club bahamas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ocean club bahamas

I understand the rooms in the Ocean Club Bahamas are spit into two separate wings. The Crescent is new rooms and the Hartford original. I think I finally narrowed my honeymoon down to this resort and am unsure of which rooms to go with. Which are nicer, is the difference worth the extra money? Also, do the Hartford ocean view rooms offer the same views as the Crescent ocean view rooms? Any help on this will be sooo appreciated! Thanks.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM

Just to put things in perspective -- we stayed at the Ocean Club every year for 9 years before the new Crescent Wing was built. The resort is superb, the old rooms are lovely, on a bluff above the beach, and I'm sure the new rooms are spectacular. Don't worry about where to stay because this is one resort that is worth the money no matter which part you stay in. Have a wonderful time! P.S. The only reason we stopped staying there is because we always vacation in September and we decided to start going to a place that's a bit more hurricane-proof at that time of year.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 01:01 PM

Hi KeyGal-
Just wondering if you know how the garden view rooms are in the Hartford wing...they are the only rooms available when we are planning a vacation, in May.
Any other resorts in the Caribbean you would recommend?
Thanks
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM

You will just love the Ocean Club. We stayed there 5 years ago and returned this fall. Our first visit was in the old wing and this last time we were able to stay in the Crescent Wing 2nd floor ocean view-fantastic and very romantic. The only thing I would warn about the old wing is to make sure you are not put in a first floor room that is next to a station for the restaurant. We could hear them in the evening clanking dishes and in the morning when they were setting up for breakfast. Not good for a honeymoon. We found the service even better on this trip and can't wait to return!
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Hi again -- all the rooms in the Hartford wing are identical except for the 4 one-bedroom suites, and they're all lovely: marble bathrooms with double sinks, tile floors, four-poster bed, and a small front foyer with a desk and chair. The garden rooms face the front of the resort, away from the ocean, but they have one advantage: you can see the sunset from them, which you don't see in the ocean-view rooms except if you're in a corner.

Our favorite room in the Hartford wing was 226, which is the second-floor corner room facing the ocean. The corner rooms all have balconies facing both directions, which makes them extra nice, even though in all other respects they're identical to the other rooms.

The one-bedroom suites are in the middle of the wing on both sides, ocean and garden, and they're great also, very spacious and elegant with a full living room and bedroom and large balconies. I agree with the post about not getting a room next to the kitchen, but that's the only disadvantage we can recall. By the way, I think the Ocean Club calls ALL the rooms in the Hartford wing "suites."