Search

Four Seasons Exuma Ocean View Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Seasons Exuma Ocean View Room

Hi,

Any pointers on where the best room(s) in the Ocean View category are located?
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 04:07 PM

I am always questioning folks considering FS at Great Exuma. Where have you been and what are you looking for?
That may help me and others provide you with input. To your direct question, most rooms on the second level ocean front are good except the end rooms. But, if you are looking for good food, snorkeling of above average quality you may want to consider other resorts.If the trip is for your children at a major school break our last time there we were told the week before there were 90 or so children there with their families.The wek we were there the estimate per the desk was ~50.
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

We won a 3 night golf package at a charity auction and are using this as a little break right after Thanksgiving when hopefully there will not be a horde of kids about. We are looking forward to the resort and renting a car for a day to explore. We've been to a lot of islands -- our favorites are Anguilla and Bequia. We do snorkle but it's not our focus on all trips. I plan on using the spa and we both plan on using the gym a lot and just relaxing. I'm quite sure we can find something to eat there.
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Exumas are gorgeous.
I have to tell you, we just had a run of the house room. It was on the ground floor, and in between the main pool and the adult pool. We could still see the beach a little, and I would think there really isn't a bad view.
The pool there is stunning, so even pool views are nice. Gorgeous grounds.
To get the real feel of Exumas, I highly recommend setting up a boat excursion with Starfish. Even 1/2 a day to some of the cays, especially Moriah Cay-and have them stop at Stocking Island and Tropic of Cancer beach-they are stunning!
There is a decent on the beach restaurant at Coco Plum Beach, about 10 minutes away from FS.
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Blamona, thank you very much for your reply. We have a guaranteed ocean view room, so we'll request one on the 2nd floor although I really don't mind having the patio on the ground floor. I'll ask to be near the pool you speak so highly of.

Thanks so much for the info on the boat--we love doing boat excursions!
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 02:03 AM

With the trip agter the holiday you increase your chances of a smaaler number of chiltrn. The golf course is very scenic and plays well. You are for the most part 2 month after the rainy season so the greens should be "fast". Upon arrival I suggest you get a starting time for golf soit is convenient for you. The breakfast buffet (7:30-10:30 as I remember) is their best meal so a starting time of 8:45 works well and you avoid most of the heat of the day. We started at 8:30 and temp was about 72-75 and it was 82-85 by the time we ended 12:00 (we were there last the second week of Dec.). As for my comment about meals I found the informal dining room better than the formal one so you moght want to try both. They had changed kitchen staffs a few times the General Mgr. told us and they may have now hit a good #1 and #2 chef team, that can influence the food preparation markedly.
The physical layout is lovely, actually nicer than Nevis on that count, and if the child count is low the "quiet pool" of the 2 may be relaxing.A visit to the cays ( Moriah)is worthwhile as blomna said and with only 3 days a car may not be necessary if you want some relaxation. Enjoy!