Where to stay on Oahu?

Old Jun 1st, 2006, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay on Oahu?

First, thanks for all the great posters on this site! You guys rock. Okay, we are planning a vacation over the Thanksgiving holidays for 2006. We want to go to Oahu and stay in a condo/house on a beach. Any good recomendations? Also, any hints on the cheapest airlines/dates? Tickets are tough! This trip is going to tap us out no doubt, so how do we insure as best we can that we get a good experience without hemoraging money? We want to do light beach activities, some shopping, maybe some golf, regular sight seeing, definitely the Arizona. Number of guests from 3 to 8 and aged 16 to 60+. Looking forward to it, and thanks for any input!!
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 03:51 PM

delta.com is having a sale right now! Check it out....
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 04:55 PM

For rentals try vrbo or alternative hawaii they both have a large selection. Legal rentals on Oahu is a hot topic on some travel forums, so maybe a good idea to check with the agencies in charge before putting money down. From what I've gathered it mostly seems to be in Kailua area and the windward side. We looked at Delta for our last trip over and they looked good at first as we're in the midwest, we would have flown into Salt Lake City than to Honolulu. The problem was coming home it was Honolulu to Atlanta then home about 14 hrs.air time.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:49 AM

Melissa: I never understand these 'sales'. When I check the fare from ATL to HNL, for instance, it gives me $1,274 as the cheapest round trip fare/pp...tried a few dates. What gives, as they show a one way fare range from $169-269, based on round trip.

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:01 AM

Cheapest stay IMHO would be a rental. That's what we have been doing the last few times. We have rented through VRBO and have had not had a problem. They have rentals all over the island (we prefer Waikiki). Airfare stinks! From Chicago it had been over $1,000 per ticket (never paid that much). Generally don't want connections but got a pretty good deal flying Chicago to Vegas on American and then Vegas to HNL on Hawaiian Airlines. Times worked out good too.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:12 AM

OSB....I just got an email from my TA regarding the Delta Sale Fares.I dont book on delta.com so I'm not familiar with the site.But the email indicates that travel is effective Sept 6 with all travel completed by Nov 15, and tickets purchased by June 14.So maybe the dates you were looking at didnt fall into that range or perhaps the class of service that they are to be booked in is sold out.hope this helps.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM

Oh, you're right! I guess I assumed the preprogramed date that they had in there would qualify. Thanks...$552+tax is much better!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM

Go fot it!! Yes, 3 figures always better than 4, as Confusius would say(or something like that)...