Search

Where to stay in Taos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Susan

Where to stay in Taos

Author: Susan ([email protected])
Date: 03/05/2002, 10:01 pm

Message: We will be spending a day and a half in Taos on our way across the US with our 2 children ages 10 & 14. We'd like to stay some place not too expensive since we'll just be sleeping there, but with more atmosphere than a Holiday Inn and close to or in town. What's the best bet?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:04 PM
toldham

mabel dodge luhan house is a b & b

Taos inn is a funky hotel

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Connie

I'd stay in Santa Fe. It is a much nicer town.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:21 AM
xxx

toldham

What do you mean by funky?

funky - good
or
funky - bad

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:07 PM
alicia

A couple of years ago I stayed in a place called ( I think) El Pueblo Lodge in Taos. It was the least expensive place I could find walking distance to the Plaza. It is on caliber with your Hol Inn/Hojo type motel. I remember the room being large and having a back porch, and free breakfast.

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:58 AM
Jennifer

My husband and I have stayed at the Taos Inn twice. We LOVE IT. "Funky" is not quite the word I would choose- I would say it is "Charming" and "eclectic". The bar in the hotel has live music and packs 'em in. It is so fun. The restaraunt at the hotel, Doc Martins, is very nice. We had the steak. The bar also has a menu where you can order salads, etc, if you do not want to dine in the restaraunt. There is a large hot tub at the hotel, as well. It was great for us because we had been horseback riding and were VERY sore!
I highly recommend the Taos Inn!

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:33 AM
xxx

Jennifer
Thanks for your comments. You make it sound "charming" I am booked at the Taos Inn June 18 and the comments I read here made me want to cancel. I'm glad I didn't. The price I paid and the location are great!

Has anyone seen the show at the Best Western?

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 03:03 PM
Mike

The Taos in is a joke! They are so rude there, and the rooms aren't even that nice. The hotel staff there acts like they are pissed that you are staying there. Try La Fonda, it is WAY nicer!