Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Tacoma?

Search

Where to stay in Tacoma?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Bonnie

Where to stay in Tacoma?

We have a wedding in July and are looking for hotels in Tacoma. Any suggestions. We are traveling with our 2 teenagers and would perfer a suite to avoid 2 room charges but.....

Old May 8th, 2002, 08:54 AM
NWerner

Seattle

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Danielle

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton in Tacoma on our wedding night before we left on our anniversary. It has nice clean big rooms and is right downtown. The newest hotel is called the Silver Cloud Inn. It just opened a few months ago and is located on the waterfront on Ruston Way and looks nice from the outside and has a beautiful view.

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Aunt Jennie

Ditto what Danielle said, and boo to NWerner. Tacoma is a great place with lots to do.

We've stayed at the Sheraton over the past two Thanksgivings. I don't think there is a way to avoid two rooms with two teens. It is not too exciting a hotel, but is fine. It was the only game in town for a long time.

We saw the Silver Cloud as it was being built and it looked like it would be lovely. It's built right on the water. The waterfront has nice walks, restaurants, and parks along it.

If you wind up at the Sheraton, try booking over the internet. You have to book each room separately, but you can call and request adjoining rooms or take care of it at check-in, if you get in early enough.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:21 PM
John

Silver Cloud is a regional chain that seems to end up in great locations - waterfront in Tacoma and Mukilteo (Snohomish Co.) and University Village in Seattle, a very upscale shopping area next to the University of Washington. It's a middle-of-the-road chain, might be a great idea. http://www.scinns.com/

From all reports, the Tacoma Sheraton is undergoing financial stress, so it might be excellent pickings for a Priceline.com bid. Check out biddingfortravel.com to see if anyone has hit the Sheraton (and see how many "stars" it has, probably 4,) throw out a bid and see if they bite. I'll bet they do.

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Don

I took a look at BiddingForTravel, and the Tacoma Sheraton is listed as a 3* hotel. It's the only 3* hotel that people on BiddingForTravel have reported getting in Tacoma.

People have gotten this hotel for prices ranging from $30-$35/night. Don't know if the prices would be higher in summer, but it's probably worth trying a bid or two. You've got plenty of time between now and July.

If you end up bidding for two rooms, note that Priceline's fee is per room--so a winning bid would incur an $11.90 Priceline fee ($5.95 per room). Also be aware that other 3* hotels might start using Priceline, so you might not get the Sheraton.

Usual disclaimers--no vested interest in Priceline or BiddingForTravel, yadda, yadda. Hope this helps.

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Tommy

Remember to pick up your noseplugs before arriving in Tacoma.