Search

seattle hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:48 PM
lisa

seattle hotel

Can anyone help me with the following hotels? The Camlin, Warwick and Marqueen?
Anyone ever been to the Big Red Barn B ad B outside of Seattle?

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Wendy

What do you need to know about these places? The Camlin is downtown just east of the main area, has a fabulous restaurant on top called the Cloud Room where you can dine or have cocktails. The Marqueen is on lower Queen Anne which is just north of the dt area but better to cab to/from then walk IMO.

I don't know about the Warwick or the BigRed Barn.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Stewie

We stayed at the Warwick recently and just loved it. We had the room, breakfast, parking package which was great. They also have a free shuttle which will take you anywhere in downtown and pick you up. (for free)
They also have a fantastic italian place right next door (assagio's)
Hope this helps

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:24 AM
John

The Warwick is the best located of the group; the Camlin next best. The Marqueen is relatively new (in an old building) and located on busy streets close to Key Arena, with very easy bus access to downtown. I'd definitely go for the Warwick all things being equal.

The Big Red Barn's location is very inconvenient from downtown Seattle, but it looks like a fun place.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:25 PM
lisa

I guess what I am looking for is ambiance, quality of the rooms and the service. I am not looking for a chain hotel or a Holiday Inn type of accomodation. Am more interested in smaller boutique style lodging.
I have looked at the rates for the smaller hotels in Seattle and they are very pricey ( for that matter so are the big chain hotels such as Westin and Hyatt). Location is not that big of a deal, unless it is in a rundown area, since we will a car.
I have also looked at the bed and breakfasts. There are many nice ones such as Mildred's. Many do not take children or cannot accomodate a party of four.
Any ideas out there? The hotels I was asking about looked interesting and were reasonable in price. The rooms were difficult to judge on the internet.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:54 PM
x

Considering the criteria you list in your last message, I suspect that the Marqueen could be the best choice of the three hotels. The Camlin, although certainly adequate, I wouldn't call a hotel with great ambiance. (The cocktail lounge on the roof of the Camlin is popular with those looking for a certain 1980's ambience- or is it 70's? I'm not sure, but it is a place whose time has gone, and maybe come again. I have never before heard the restaurant described as fabulous, at least as far as the food is concerned, but things change.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Judy

I agree, the Camlin's food certainly is not fabulous or anything near that. I stay at the Pacific Plaza which has a wonderful walking, free busing location; however, the rooms are small. You get a very nice breakfast which is included and the rooms have been remodeled in 2001. It certainly cannot be called an example of a large chain hotel.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Wendy

O.k. I know that tastes differ but have either of you (x or Judy) ever actually eaten at the Cloud Room for dinner? Their food is completely top notch, the view is fun and the service is impecable. Is it trendy? heck no, but that doesn't take away from the great food!

BTW their duck is my favorite!