Where to stay in Sedona?

Search

Where to stay in Sedona?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Sedona?

On our way to drop our son off at Northern Arizona University at the end of July, we are thinking of stopping off in Sedona for 2 nights. Any hotel suggestions and things to do with a 18 and 19 year old? We understand it will be hot, we live in so cal so I don't imagine the weather will be that much different. Any suggestions will help.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 11:17 AM

I loved the Alma de Sedona. It's just off the main street at the southern edge of town.
http://www.almadesedona.com/index.html

There's lots of great hiking right near the Inn and all around Sedona. Take a Pink Jeep tour - great fun for the whole family.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

The Alma de Sedona looks very nice. Unfortunately they can't accomodate 4 of us. The pink jeep tour sounds like a great idea.
Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 12:26 PM

How about Sky Ranch Lodge? Fair warning: I have not stayed there in 10 years. But it was my pick for years because of its location at the top of Airport Mesa, which give it the most wonderful views, sunset and otherwise. A drawback is having to drive up there after dinner in town; and the furnishings were dated even then, so luxury it ain't. Perhaps someone who has stayed there recently can say if they are still clean and well-kept...
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM

Maybe this site will help:

http://www.visitsedona.com/article/71

Re the Pink Jeep Tour, the Broken Arrow tour was great fun, and is probably the one most recommended.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Take a drive out on Verde Valley School Road. It dead-ends on a blufff with a dirt parking lot. Park here and walk down to the river. You will be across from Red Rock Crossing. The rocks are flat and smooth here and it is a popular swimming and picnic place for a lot of the NAU students.

We've enjoyed staying at Sky Ranch Lodge. The views are amazing, but you do have to get over the old funky furniture. Otherwise, Best Western Inn at Sedona (0n the airport side of town) is comfortable with a decent view.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM

sometimes the Enchantment resort offers amazing deals at certain times of the year... we got an entire Casita for $220 a night a few summers ago... regular rate was over $800 and it was one of our best stays ever... it's worth a call
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. The visit Sedona website helped. I ended up with the Best Western Arroyo Roble because it was in town. I liked the Best Western Inn at Sedona but because it was a mile from town, I opted for the other. Enchantment was still expensive $1100 for two nights. Looking forward to the Red Rock view.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Take the kids to Slide Rock, it is cool and they will like it.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM

FYI - We stayed by a golf course - at a resort at the South end of Sedona (called the Village of Oak Creek - although it's officially considered part of West Sedona) - and we liked it as it was not crowded and we were close to some of the beautiful red rock formations.

Here is a page for the Hilton down there (6? miles south of the main town) - and there are other accommodations in the area (am guessing less than $550 a night) - plus there are several good places to dine/shop.

http://tinyurl.com/7bftxdm
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 07:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed at the BW Inn of Sedona. It had just been redone (about 5 years ago). It's very near the "Y" but a bit up a hill. Some rooms open to a large patio with great views of the red rocks.

The Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour is popular. I hiked it and saw several Pink Jeeps come by me. They were having fun even though the driver was terrorizing them.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Your son would probably love trying out the natural, rock-cut water slide at Slide Rock State Park, which is on the north side of town. Very bracing -- water temperature is around 54 degrees, so its not for everyone. A helicopter tour may also be worth exploring. And Pink Jeep Tour's Broken Arrow tour has been a local travel classic there in Sedona for 15+ years. If you love great omelets and an amazing setting, try breakfast by Oak Creek at L'Auberge de Sedona.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM

msrosied, after staying at the Best Western Arroyo Roble, what is your opinion? My husband and I will be travelling with our kids, similar ages to yours: 15, 18, 21. Our other choice is Sky Ranch Lodge, a little outside of town and no amenities. Was the price at BWAR worth it for what you got and for what it offered your teens? thanks!