Any travel tips for Sedona, AZ?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Elfienyc

Any travel tips for Sedona, AZ?

I'm planning a vacation this summer/early fall to beautiful Sedona, AZ. If anyone has any suggestions about where to stay, places to eat, things to do or special attractions, I'd love to hear them. I was planning to stay at The Healing Ranch but am open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Judy

Suggest you do a search for "Sedona" as this question has been answered many times over & you'll get some good info.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:51 AM
barbara

pink jeep tour and a visit to slide rock were the highlights of our trip to sedona

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Judy

Be aware that due to concerns about forest fires, several roads are subject to closer, as are some national parks. Last I heard, Pink Jeep Tours had suspended it's popular Broken Arrow tour, although I think they still have other tours available.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:31 AM
Eva

Just got back from our AZ trip.We spent 3 nights in Sedona and regretted that we did not have more time there. Some of our hiking plans were foiled because of forest closures (due to drought/fire danger). We did manage to hike up Cathedral Rock--probably one of the coolest things in my recent memory. We also hiked Doe Mt. because it was one of the other hikes available (not as suceptible to fire).

As for our hotel-- we stayed at the Best Western Sedona Inn. The location was great with beautiful views and near enough to all that we wanted to see and do. If you choose this hotel do not take room 212-- a problem with the keys/lock plagued the other half of our group for the entire stay. Other than that it was a decent priced clean hotel.

We enjoyed the shopping and the dining. Good Mexican food w/great service at Oaxaca, an excellent dinner at Shugrues--an excellent waiter, looks like Mike Meyers, the Airport Restaurant was also quite good.

We are already planning our next trip to AZ--this time alotting more time at each stop!
Enjoy your trip!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:52 AM
arthur

Slide Rock Park is closed due to fire danger. This might change after July monsoons, but Oak Creek swimming is still possible now at Red Rock Crossing.

Agree that Oaxaca is good Mexican. For a splurge, go for dinner at L'Auberge. Try for a creekside table. Had the tasting menu- recommend the venison. Wine list great too.

Also enjoyed Pink Jeep Ancient Ruin Tour. It provides a great viewing of native American ruins with petroglyphs etc.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:58 AM
sn

Great dining experience at the Heartline Cafe and fantastic microbeers at the Oak Creek Brew Pub.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Barbara

In April this year, we had great food at both Shugrue's Hillside and the Cowboy Club's Silver Saddle Room. We stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge, which was very good.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Chris

Went to Sedona last August...LOVELY!!! It has some of the most beautiful scenery. Post cards pale in comparison to the actual Red Rocks. Highly recommend Apple Orchard Inn B&B. Lots to see; Chapel built in a Red Rock mt., Indian ruins, volcanic ruins, Jerome(old mining town), hiking trails and don't miss the many art galleries.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Barbara

Chris, you're so right about nto missing the art galleries. That part can get expensive, though!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Paula

I don't know anything about The Healing Ranch, but I stayed at the Enchantment Resort and would highly recommend it. I think they might have a website. Good luck.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:53 PM
David Cook

We just returned from Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon area and while we had a great time in our rented house it was strangely quiet since all the campgrounds and day use areas were closed. The tourist-oriented merchants seem to be suffering a bit but hotels looked busy to full. Second the motion on Oxaca restaurant, try the blue corn enchiladas! In nearby Flagstaff try the Beaver St. Brewery. The food is fine and a 1/2 Gal. Pilsner to go was great!