Pregnant while visiting Sedona ---

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pregnant while visiting Sedona ---

My husband and I will be spending a week in Sedona at the beginning of March. At that point I will be about 6 months pregnant. Will there be hikes that are not too strenuous, and thoughts on just how bumpy the jeep tours are?

Would also appreciate any other thoughts on things to do. We are planning day trips - going to see a spring training game and plan to go to GC. Any other thoughts for the preggo limited couple are welcome!

Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:25 PM

never been pregnant, but...

I mountain biked in Sedona. The terrain was very easy...little climbing..no rocks to crawl over, stairs to negotiate, etc. as I was accustomed to in the Appalacians. So, I think you could enjoy light hiking.

The pink jeeps (which drive on some of the same trails as the bikes- scary) looked like they would be bumpy to me. However, you can really see a lot of the rocks just from riding around in your car.

Good thing you are planning day trips, I think Sedona would be boring after a day or two. Although, being 6 months pregnant may be excitement enough!

Good luck.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM

Just yesterday I was checking out the pink jeep tour for infants and it was a no go but also saw that it is not recommended for pregnant ladies. Some of the pictures it looked like it was fairly bumpy too.

You could confirm with your Dr. if you really want to go.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
emd

Pink jeep tours are very bunpy, I can't imagine being comfortable or safe at 6 months pregnant.
Try the hike around Bell Rock (flat) or better suggestion- get the book Sedona Hikes ($12 on Amazon.com- se my detailed post on this to the fella who wants to get engaged in Sedona (search for sedona engagement) this week. I gave other recommendations on getting hiking advice there- eg the Seodna tourist office at the "Y"
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:39 PM

There's NO WAY you should be on a Pink Jeep Tour if you're pregnant. Yikes!!! Congratulations, by the way.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM

We took our 4 kids (3,9,13, 16)last year to Sedona and went on the pink jeep tour. It was definitely their favorite experience but it was very bumpy. There is no way at 6 months I would have been comfortable. You might want to call them since I know they offer different excursions that are not quite as rough but still with some beautiful scenery. As for hiking, there are plenty of easy hiking trails. We stayed a week and were not bored at all.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:08 PM
BLN

I'll just chime in again in case you didn't trust all the folks before me -- the Pink Jeep tour (and presumably the others) are VERY bumpy and you probably shouldn't do it. There are LOTS of great hikes, many of them fairly flat. The info center right at the Y has great maps and will tell you what's looking good for the days you're there. (We were there last March and some trails had high water.) You will definitely find plenty of things to keep you busy!

I'm jealous, best of luck to you with your trip and your little one!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 07:43 PM

Looks like you've gotten enough NO's to make this unanimous, but here goes from an L & D nurse that has been on the pink jeep tours...NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!
Good way to go into preterm labor.
Sedona is scenic from the roadways, that are nice and smooth. Hope you have a great time!