Reload this Page >

Where to live in Columbus, OH

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 11:54 AM
lucian688

My cousin has found a job near Easton (Mall), Columbus OH, where would you recommend him to live. He is looking for a quiet, safe and affortable (<$17K) property with a easy commute to Easton. (South of Easton is the airport so that's out of question). Any recommendation is appreciated. I'll pass along the replies to him.

Thanks again in advance.

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am confused by the affordable & numbers you are giving. My first choice is German Village. An easy commute to the Easton area (against traffic for the most part) & w/in walking distance of many of the best restaurants & entertainment options in Columbus.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM

German Village is VERY expensive for what I think you are asking, though it is nice. Why not Westerville or Gahanna? Both are nice areas.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:30 PM

<$17K is an odd number, way high for rent, way low for buying.

Is your couisn single, so schools odn't matter? Does s/he want to be near nightlife? Urban area or rural?
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:19 AM
lucian688

Less than $170K. I think he will consider renting too...

Old Feb 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM

There are so many factors to consider in your cousin's decision. I'd recommend that he do a short term rental and get to know the area before a purchase. Westerville, Gahanna and Powell have wide ranges of housing. Before buying, I'd have him talk to a realtor about the current situation of school funding for each of the areas he is considering. Property values are so attached to the values. Many school districts are facing real problems with funding (because of state funding, not local resolve). Is your cousin single? Does he want to live near singles? Families? Is he interested in new construction or established housing?
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 05:22 PM

We lived in Gahanna for 8 years, if the budget would permit this area would be a nice area and an easy commute to Easton Town Ctr. There has been a lot of build up in the Morse Road/Hamilton Road area, may be able to find something in that area. I would also second the idea of getting a place to rent for a while. We got what they call an executive rental, furnished and on a month to month basis, utilities and phone included. It was located in a complex just south of Morse Rd on Hamilton Rd and in Gahanna. This was a few years back so cannot help with any names or anything. If at all possible a house hunting trip to the area would be helpful.
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:58 AM

If he is young, Victorian Village/ Short North is the hottest area of town. suburban communites may bore him. Does he have a family?