Reload this Page >

Where to find good rates for Harrahs?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 11:40 AM
julie

I've been reading about the $70 and under rates people have gotten at Harrah's (Las Vegas) and the best I've been able to find is $105. It's for the week of Feb. 2. I've looked at Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotel Discounters, Lodging.com and Expedia. Am I missing a good site with the big deals??

Thanks, Julie

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Eric

No.
Rule #1 about LV is that hotel rates vary dramatically based on demand.
Complex models predict high and low demand periods and the predictions continually update to allow the hotels to adjust their rates to maximize occupancy and profit.
Some weekdays in Feb will be very cheap, some weekends expensive if conventions are in town etc.
And rates advertised today will change over time.
It's a big game trying to get best rates in LV.
Best you can do is book a room now, keep checking rates at least a couple times per week, then rebook if rates drop.

If you're going at a busy time you may not see better rates than those you found already...or the rates may drop. You just can't know.

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Lila

Harrah's isn't that great a place to stay. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com and then bid on Priceline. You'll get a better price and a better hotel.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 05:29 AM
ny

Julie:

Get on their Email list.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 07:40 AM
thereuare

Although i use biddingfortravel i DON"T recommend it for Las Vegas, as there is no guarantee you will be directly on the strip, and that's where you want to be if it's your first time (anywhere from MGM to Treasure Island).

If you're there for an entire week, you may want to split up your stay between two hotels for best rates and different location.

Just went to Harrah's website and under "Hot Deals" show $99/nite for your stay (S-Th), $135/nite (Fri-Sat)

Thru Quickbook.com i also saw Bally's for $102/nite (mid-week) and $120/nite (weekend).

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Claire

To get the best rates for Harrahs join their rewards program. I'm getting a rate of $60..00/ night in Feb. and I don't gamble all that much.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Wendy

Exactly as stated, their web site will give you the best rates. Once you are there sign up for players club. I am staying for 2 nights for free in Jan and getting 20% off my spa appt. Also I think Harrah's is a great location in Vegas, saves you money so you can spend more elsewhere!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Julie

Thanks for the responses everyone. We've been to LV before but stayed at Caesars. Would not have chosen Harrah's this time either but we are going with my husband's company and the suggested hotel list from the convention center had Harrah's listed so we are going to give it a try.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 09:33 AM
karen

Has anyone ever used lasvegas.com to book a hotel? Would you recommend it?
Thanks, Karen

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Julie

Karen, I just cancelled our reservations made directly with Harrahs and used lasvegas.com to book. I found the rate of $85 per night. I asked Harrahs reservation dept. about it and was told they couldn't match lasvegas.com rate. Was also told if I booked with .com I would still be guaranteed a room but I wouldn't be guaranteed non-smoking. The difference was $20 per night so I thought it was worth the switch.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:37 AM
xxx

Quikbook