Where is Tobin Bridge in NH?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:24 PM
susan

Where is Tobin Bridge in NH?

Someone said to avoid driving over the Tobin Bridge on Fri. pm, going to Maine. Where exactly is the Tobin Bridge? Between Portsmouth & Kittery?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:28 PM
bm

No, it's in Boston.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Bonnie

Susan:
The Tobin bridge is in Boston and is on Rt. 95 heading to the North Shore of MA and ultimately to NH and ME. It is very congested during the afternoon rush hour but the traffic flows pretty well ,although sometimes slowly,at other times. I agree that Fri.P.M. can be a extremely slow either during ski season or during the summer thru foliage season. Try to go on Saturday during the early afternoon if you must go on a week-end.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:56 PM
correction

Just a quick correction to Bonnie's post. The Tobin is on Route 1, not I-95.
That said, the Tobin Bridge isn't much of a traffic problem on a Fri pm compared to the toll booth back-ups in NH on I-95 IMO.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Donna

The Tobin bridge crosses from the Charlestown neighborhood of Boston to Chelsea, MA and is along ROUTE 1. You could also go to Maine via I-93 or Route 1-A. No matter which route you choose, there will be traffic. But, you will get there eventually. Whenever "someone" or "everyone" says to "avoid it" chance are it's your best bet because lots of folks have "heard" that too and take alternate routes, sending all the traffic to those.