Reload this Page >

What's the Best Hotel on Marco Island?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Jason E.

My fiance and I will be taking a belated honeymoon on Marco Island next month. Looking for a awesome hotel. Any suggestions? thnx. je

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:47 PM
sandi

The Marriott on Marco is the best.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Patrick

I can't speak from experience, but the local buzz here in Naples is that the newer Marco Beach Island Resort is the nicest. The Marriott has been working on a long needed renovation. I'm not sure if that is finally done or not.

I'm still laughing at your heading, by the way. I never knew of a guy and his fiance doing a honeymoon. Or if getting married, not sure why a month from now it will be belated, but no matter. Have a great time.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Jason

we're getting married this saturday but she doesn't get off work until next month, so we don't get to have our honeymoon right away.
oh well. anyhow, thanks for the answers. je

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Debbie

Jason: Congratulations on your marriage! I'm considering marco island too ( but with two kids, not a honeymoon!).

Anyway, I am looking forward to what folks on the board have to say, since we may be going there too! best of luck!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:43 AM
John

I agree that the Marco Island Resort is probably the most posh; it is only a year old. However, it had a lot of kinks to work out when we visited last year. I am sure, however, that they have had time to work them out.

The Marriott is incredibly shabby and looks like a hotel that might have been built in the 70s in Hawaii and never refurbished after that. I know they were due to start some refurbishment/construction when I was there this past March; there is probably no way that it could be done by now.

Our favorite is the Hilton Marco Island. A smaller hotel with all the amenities, and within walking distance of both the Marriott and the Marco Resort. The hotel seemed fairly populated with families, has a nice pool and beach area, as well as an on-site water activities concession. The staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful. The concierge also has access to cards that allow you to avoid an unduly long wait at the Snook Inn (I am sure every hotel concierge has these, but it's a useful tip).

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Debi

The Marco Marriott is under heavy construction. We were there a few weeks ago (we use points - and definitely wanted to go to Marco - so we stayed there). Luckily, I was warned about the construction on this board - and then saw it on the Marriott website. It's noisy and torn up. I'd wait to go there until after the construction is finished...... I'm sure the other suggestions here are great. Marco Island itself is now one of my favorite places - and that's considering we listened to jack hammers if we stayed too late in our room...... Enjoy!!!!!