Honeymoon advice

Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:35 PM
joe c

Honeymoon advice

Hi, I've been to Hawaii quite a few times but have not yet been to the carribean. I'm planning a honeymoon in april/may and want to find an island and hotel which is:

A) romantic
B) has plenty of activities (no scuba.. but snorkeling would be nice)
C) Nice beaches, oceanfront for swimming (I don't want to be somewhere rocky or in a harbor)
D) Reasonably priced... not top of the line, but somewhere better than middle of the road.

I realize there are probably 1,000 places in the carribean that fit that bill.. but I'd like to hear from someone who's been there, rather than read the hype on these websites.
(my cousin said he went to a "sandals" resort and it was real nice... any feedback?)

anyway thanks for your time, I'm not a troll by the way, I read some responses to trolling here!

Joe

Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:18 PM
Denise

Hi, congrats on your upcoming wedding. We went to Aruba on our Honeymoon & we were very disappointed. We stayed at the Marriott, which had a lot to do with not liking the island. I have had a problem with Marriott before, but since our Honeymoon, I doubt I would ever stay at another one again. Anyway... We have been to about 10 caribean islands. We are a young couple, early 30's. If I was going to take a romantic trip I would go to Antigua. We have only been there once, it is beautiful & safe. They have a few all inclusives if interested. The beaches are gorgeous. (ONE FOR EACH DAY OF THW YEAR...365!!) We will be going to Grand Cayman on Thursday for a week. If you want to email me to see how it was, feel free.

Denise

Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:23 PM
Denise

I meant to type that I never had a problem with the Marriott before.

Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:34 PM
JOe

Denise- Where did you stay in Antigua?

Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:45 PM
asoifdhg

TEST

Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:57 PM
joe

No offense there, but the reviews i just read about the crystal palace make it sound pretty run down.

I can afford a bit more than that. thanks though.

Jan 5th, 2003, 09:27 AM
me

Hi Joe, Congrats on the pending nups!! Have you considered Jamaica (Negril), if u want beautiful beaches, and total relaxtion. I recently stayed at the Couples Resorts, in Negril. It was an allinclusive resort, which included a variety of excursions, it was a truly romantic getaway! There was a resort next to us called the Grand Lido, it also looked very nice. Check those out! Have a gret trip

Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:18 PM

Hi Joe,
I would suggest Grand Lido Sans Souci! For $3200, we had an oceanview room for 6 nights(all rooms have an oceanview), complimentary spa treatments,snorkeling, air fare included. Totally romantic! (Hammocks for 2 beachside!) Suggestion: skip the shuttle airport transfer that most of the AI resorts offer, and have the resort book inter-air transport. You'll save time (about and hour 1/2) and your sanity!!
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:49 AM

I would suggest looking into secrets excellence in the dominican republic.
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:51 AM

We honeymooned in Antigua and really enjoyed the island. There are great beaches and the locals are very friendly.

We stayed at Sandals Antigua and really enjoyed the resort. The grounds are very lush/tropical and well kept. There was plenty to do as far as land/watersports. We tried the snorkeling but I can't comment on the quality of it becuase it was my frist time (nothing to compare it to!). We mostly enjoyed the catamarans and waterskiing. There is also nightly entertainment so there are many options, or you can do nothing at all.

There are a number of great places to stay in Antigua. Check out wheretostay.com. If you have any questions, please ask. Congrats and good luck in choosing!