Reload this Page >

What is the Best Area to go in Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Lori

I am going in May for 7 days, do you know what area is the best to be and where should I stay?

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Jan

I don't know you, but I have stayed at the Westin on Kannapali Beach and at the Kea Lani on Polo Beach in Waliea. I loved both sections, but I prefered the Waliea side because the resorts are newer and nicer. At the Kea Lani we had a private beach, better food, and a great view of Molokini Crater. Our suite was huge. It was a big step up from the Westin. The Westin was still very nice. The Westin had a huge pool, small rooms but it was right next to a Mall and the Hula Grill. There are more resturants near the Kannapali area, but Waliea has some good ones. We are not into nightlife, and we have three kids. I think if you are in your 20's, you might like Kannapali better because there is more things going on.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Sherry

Stay in Wailea. It's the nicest area, although it is more of a drive from Lahaina and other "hot spots"-- but rent a convertible if possible, and just enjoy the drive. Stay at the Kea Lani if you want to pay $, or the Renaissace if you want to pay less. (To get good rates at the Renaissance, go to www.entertainment.com, buy an entertainment book, and you'll get 50% off rack rates. So, $225 for full ocean view and less ($150 or 180 or something) for lesser view.) I've stayed at both, and enjoyed both.

Have fun.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Valerie

Wailea.
For Seasons.
As good as it gets in Maui.
No bother debating.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Rod

LOUSY views from the Four Seasons' rooms!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 03:09 AM
Noa

Kaanapali if you want action ! Wailea if you want quiet !