Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Still confused...Westin Maui, Sheraton Maui, or Marriot Wailea???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2008, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there are so many posts on this topic, but it's hard to figure out the pros and cons of each. We are going the first week of January so the place with the best weather is important and we also want the best beach.

Please comment on weather, location, beach, pools, food, and anything else about all three of these places!

Thank you!!!
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM

Stayed at the Westin Maui and loved our room, pool, beach and location..pratically next door to the Sheraton Maui at Black rock..friends love Sheraton but I like the rooms better at Westin.
Central to Lahaina/Ka'anapali and West Maui.
Marriott Wailea is far south and don't know the property but it will take you about an hour or less to get up to Lahaina/Ka'anapali area.
There are great beaches all over Maui..we never stay at one beach the whole time..how boring.
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 01:54 PM

Grand Wailea, pool and resort great snorkling off the beach best in Maui just back in Sept. can't wait to return.
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 02:25 PM

Grand Wailea is stunning but the op didn't have that in the list.
It's big bucks but maybe with the economy, they are offering better deals..love this hotel!

I remember that the Westin we got a timeshare deal for 6 nights for something like $100 but we did have to sit through a 90 minute presentation which for a savings of over $2k..well worth it!
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 03:31 PM

I prefer the Wailea area as the beaches are so great and the weather tends to be a little sunnier than Kaanapali at that time of year.

While it is oceanfront, I don't think the Marriott has it's own beachfront, but the Grand Wailea's beach is on one side and the beach that the old Renaissance is on is on the other.
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM

Have never stayed at any of these resorts, however I stayed in Lahaina and both the Westin and Sheraton looked very nice. One thing I can say is that I will be staying in Wailea the next time I visit Maui. I much preferred the beaches and snorkeling in Wailea and Makena than Kaanapali. If your priority is a great beach I would go for Wailea. You will be close to the best beaches in Maui.