Search

Whaler - good rate?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:32 AM
barb

Whaler - good rate?

I found a one bedroom/2 bath condo at the Whaler for $230 a night plus tax. It is on the ground floor, ocean view and it's for the end of March/beginning of April. Kaanapali is the area we want. We've never been to Hawaii and am not familiar with the Whaler - is that rate a pretty good deal? Thanks

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Nova

The Whaler is a great condo property, and one of the best values on Kaanapali Beach. It is right in the centre of Kaanapali Beach and right next door to Whaler's Village (shopping, restaurants, bars). It is only three miles from the town of Lahaina. $230 is reasonable and you might be able to do a little better, but if $15 or $20 per night is not important to you then grab it.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:54 AM
x

The Whaler rents for at least $100 more for the bedroom level and view level you have reserved. Studios with garden views are the ones that rent in the $200 range. Good find!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:09 AM
rg

Please tell me where did you find the rate of 230.00?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:14 AM
barb

It's a by owner unit. Hawaii magazine has classifieds and vrbo.com lists some.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Nova

I knew by the rate that it had to be a "direct from owner" rental. But don't tell too many people about renting directly from the condo owners or everyone will be doing it and then the rates will go up !!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Tracey

Ask the owner for pictures of the unit and when it was last renovated. I've rented both from the Whaler's rental management company and direct from an owner and it was like two different properties. The unit I got from the Whaler's management company was recently renovated and clean. The one I rented from the owner was a complete dump, not renovated in at least 15 years, with rundown furniture, bugs etc.