Search

Whaler Condo - Maui

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whaler Condo - Maui

Is the Whaler worth the money? I am traveling in February with my boyfriend... we are in our late 20s and want a nice beach condo where we can snorkle and walk to different activities/bars. We are getting a price for a 1bed 2bath condo of $278 including tax/night direct by owner.... is this condo worth the money? has anybody stayed at the whaler in February... what was your opinion? Thanks!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:47 AM

jpw1975, I have not stayed there, but was looking into these condos as well. I thought the prices were higher than the price you got. Do you know what unit number this is and could you tell me how to contact the owner. Thanks.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:52 AM

Just returned from stay in a studio unit (perfect for a couple)# 562 8/7 - 8/14. $150.00 per night. Nice unit with great view. Nothing fancy mind you, but spotless, full kitchen, very comfortable king bed, right next to Whaler Village, and on a good part of the beach. Whaler doesn't have a lot of amenities or a big pool, but in my mind makes up for it with it's location and at least in our case value.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM

JPW1975, the Whaler is a great condo property, especially if you want to be close to the action. It is right next door to Whaler's Village (bars, restaurants, shopping, etc). It is also only three miles to the town of Lahaina (shuttle available for $1). The Whaler is right on Kaanapali beach, with great snorkeling just a short distance down the beach at Black Rock. The Whaler is not as luxurious as some other Kaanapali hotels and condos but it is certainly very comfortable. The pool is kind of small, and there are no on site amenities but everything is right next door at Whaler's Village. In my opinion it is the best value in the Kaanapali area.

The Whaler is great in February or any month. Why do you need a one bedroom for two people when you can get a studio for almost half the price?
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 12:38 PM

If noise and lack of privacy are no problem, then the Whaler is perfect for you. My husband and I stayed there and didn't care for it. There are two building which are directly across from each other. Depending on where your room is located, your view could be your fellow vacationer across the way. The location is great for food and activities, para-sailing. etc., but you might rethink your lodging.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 10:31 AM

If it's just the 2 of you, I would recommend getting a STUDIO. My 3 person family (us + 1 year old) stayed in Nov 2003 and it was great. We saved $75/night vs getting a 1 bed/bath. SAVE THE MONEY AND GET A NICE VIEW ON A HIGHER FLOOR!
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 06:10 AM

We rent through Whaler Realty and always get a studio Tower 1 #1216 it has a beautiful view looking out at Black Rock - it has been remodeled with lovely amenities. You won't find a better location - you can take a walk after dinner and listen to music without leaving the walkway from the Hyatt to the Sheraton.