weather in October and Safety?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we will be there 17 -20th October. Will it be cold, wet, sunny but cold - whats usual. Also will the fall colours be around in Central Park?
Concerned about safety, is it safe to wander at night, where should we avoid (other than the obvious such as Park at night). Any information welcomed. Thanks
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

thats new York by the way sorry!
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 08:46 AM

the weather at that time could include any one off your list. the last few years it has been in the range of 50-70F, but more towards the 55-60 range. rain I personally guarantee it won't rain any of those days (sorry can't make any guarantees) actually we usually get a 2-3 day rainstorm somewhere between mid Sept and Mid October. a little rain never hurt anyone.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 08:56 AM

Of course weather can be unpredictable, but more often than not temperature is around 60 degrees Fahrenheit during the day. There is definitely a chance of rain (but normally won't be every day). The trees will be turning color, but may not be at their peak. Bring layers of clothes, because there's always the chance that you'll come during non-typical weather, where it can reach close to 90 or down to 30.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 10:42 AM

I have lived in NY all my life, and by far the end of October and the beginning of November is my favorite time of year. All the humidity is gone (always a possibility of some freak weather occurrence here though). The trees start changing colors right around Halloween, so you may catch the beginning of the foliage. I would say mostly sunny weather and very comfortable. If it does rain, it shouldn't last more than a day or two. Also the best time of year for new restaurant and club openings!