WDW Honeymoon 3/18 to 3/24

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning my WDW honeymoon for 3/17 to 3/24/2007 and was wondering if there are really that many spring breakers? Does anyone have any input on Port Orleans-French Quarter? Please Help!!!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know it gets REALLY crowded during Eater week, but Easter is in April this year. Go to www.disboards.com for great info.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:47 AM

Port Orleans is nice-you'll like it. I personally think it's a great location b/c you can take the boat to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. It's smaller and less chaotic than it's counterpart Riverside. There is a walking path between the two and you can rent surrey bikes and boats at Riverside to cruise around.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:36 PM

Port Orleans is very nice.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM

Here is a link with great French Quarter pictures:

http://disneylinks.net/Resorts/PortO...FrenchQuarter/

We've gone during this time of year and it is a busy time w/ Spring Breakers but you'll have a nice time if you have a good touring plan that helps you avoid the crowds. www.buildabettermousetrip.com does custom touring plans. www.tourguidemike.com is an online service that helps you develope your own touring plan.

Did you know that there are horse drawn carriage rides available from Port Orleans Riverside? That sounds line a honeymoon kind of thing. You can even have the Disney florists send flowers or a gift basket w/ champagne to the carriage if you have an advance reservation. Here is a link with the information:

http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com...ty-horses.html

Old Aug 4th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so far for everyone's help it is my soon to be husbands first visit to Disney and I want to make it very special. Any ideas I would appreciate. Email me at [email protected]. Thank you
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 02:45 AM

Yes, there probably will be a lot of spring breakers, since spring break across the nation spreads out from early March until after Easter in April. HOWEVER, the local spring break for students in Orange County, Florida, will be March 12th thru the 16th, so you should be safe from that standpoint.

I hope you have a great honeymoon - and your husband will have a double good reason to always remember his first trip to WDW!

TinaLee
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 06:59 AM

Here's a link for nightlife:
http://www.babmt.com/activity-nightlife.html

Victoria & Alberts is a nice restaurant in the Grand Floridian.

Dinner at California Grill (Disney's Contemporary resort) during the Wishes fireworks is nice
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 10:48 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know how the Port Orleans compares to Portofino Bay? We may have the opportunity to go to Orlando the first week in March. Previous stay was at the Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld.
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 04:32 AM

Soontobewed07,
First of all, congratulations on your marriage. Port Orleans French Quarter is a nice place. As was mentioned, it is much more lower key than the other resorts. I like it for that reason alone. But, even though it is a middle of the road hotel for Disney, the room sizes are the same as the value resorts. Only the Caribbean Beach in the mid level resorts has the larger rooms. Nice to be able to take the boat downtown. You'll like it. As mentioned, go over to www.Disboards.com they have boards for just general discussion as well as resorts.

Judy,
As for Portifino Bay and Port Orleans French Quarter, there is no comparison. We stayed at Portifino Bay last year for our anniversary. It is more like the upper level resorts at Disney. It's really not fair to compare the 2. Very nice resort, one of my favorite in Orlando. Just the view of the resort as you are driving in or coming back on the boat, breathtaking. The great thing that Universal does is if you stay in one of their hotels you basically have express pass to most of the rides all day long. We stay on property just for that, it is so worth it. July, same advice to you, go over to www.Disboards.com as they have a Universal site. I found a lot of info on Portifino Bay in their threads.

enjoy,
Duane
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM

Duane: Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize it was that nice--now I'm definitely more motivated to go.