Best Moderate Disney Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which moderate Disney hotel would be the best choice for a 2 and 4 year old? We will be staying 5 nights. Also what would be the best itinerary?
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM

We enjoyed the Polynesian Resort years ago because it's on the monorail. I don't know what you consider moderate however. I would recommend some higher end lodging there, but definitely not moderate.

Have you tried the disboards?
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM
JJ5

There was just a thread on this exact question. Put it into the search feature here. Type in Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Disney World. You'll get it to come up and will have all kinds of answers re links.

Old Dec 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM

The moderate hotels at WDW are Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort. I have stayed at all of these except Coronado Springs. They are very nice. My preference would be Port Orleans French Quarter. Nicely done and not quite as big as the others. Easy to manage with two little ones. Pool area is nice and you can take a ferry to Downtown Disney. If you would like a beach with sand for your children, then Caribbean Beach Resort might be a good choice.

I also recommend you go to disboards.com. Go to the Disney Resorts thread and you will find all kinds of information there. You can post a question and many people will answer. Keep in mind all of these people LOVE Disney -- the results are a little skewed. However, you can get some good info.

Have fun!
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 02:35 PM

Port Orleans French Quarter has a compact design, which is nice when you're using the buses and have little ones. The theming is colorful. The only downside is that this is the only moderate w/out a sit-down restaurant. It does have a food court.

I love Port Orleans Riverside - it is just beautiful but more spread out.

Caribbean Beach can be very spread out but is colorful.

Coronado Springs tends to be more adult oriented - it is the one with conference rooms, etc. for business meetings.

I imagine you're interested in the larger rooms etc. with the Moderates but little kids always prefer Disney's All-Star Movies or Disney's Pop Century, which are value resorts. They have the easily recognizable and colorful Disney theming.

Use the "Resort and Park Presentation" link at www.disneyworldlinks.com for photos of the resorts.

As for itinerary - when are you going? With little ones, I suggest that you plan two days at the Magic Kingdom. www.buildabettermousetrip.com does custom itineraries.