Search

Disney Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney Resorts

Anyone ever stay at All-Star Movie Resort? Traveling w/ gf and no children(we're a young couple). Have heard horror stories about bratty, noisy children and rowdy groups of teenagers on field trips.. will we have fun? Also how easy is it to get back and forth from pleasure island at night(11pm-2am)on disney transportation?
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For great information go to www.disboards.com They have forums that deal with all aspects of Disney World. People there will be able to tell you all about the All Star Resorts. There is a separate "resort board".
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 05:20 PM

Having been to WDW 5 times in last 6 years, I believe I can accurately say you will experience young children at all WDW properties. However, expect to see more at the lower end / economy properties i.e. All Star Movie Resort. PS: You're going to wrong place if you're hoping to avoid trendy teens and rowdy / bratty kids. WDW was built especially with those people in mind.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 06:50 PM

I haven't stayed there, but the Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside consistently get good marks as romantic WDW resorts. It is a moderate, so not sure if that is out of your budget. Try www.ourlaughingplace.com for lots of pictures and rack rates for all of the WDW resorts. Also, www.mousesavers.com has current discounts at WDW resorts, sometimes up to 40% off rack.

Have a great vacation!
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 07:41 PM

I worked at the All Star as a lifeguard on Disney's College Program and it's true it's noisy and pretty much overrun by families with small children and obnoxious groups of teenagers.

I would REALLY recommend that you think about upgrading to a moderate resort, perhaps Coronado Springs or Port Orleans/Dixie Landings.

If it's a whole lot better on your budget to stay at the all Star than Movies is your best bet. If I were you I'd request to stay in the "Herbie" buildings, it seems to be much quieter at that end of the complex. Try not to stay in Mighty Ducks as it's by a pool. Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are also very close to the pool so it might be noisy there too.

Disney buses run back and forth all day between Downtown Disney (where Pleasure island is) so it shouldn't be a problem to get to and from Pleasure Island.

Have Fun!
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:21 PM

I stayed at the All Star Sports last year. It is next to and the same as the Movie Resort. I have a very low tolerance for noisy kids and teens and honestly can say that I was never disturbed or iritated during my 3 day stay there. If it's the best for your budget, I think you'll do ok. If you can upgrade to another resort, then I would do that.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 03:24 PM

My husband and I went to Disney on our honeymoon and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. It was a bit pricey, but it was amazing. Just another thoght to toss around. We choose not to stay at the All Star Resorts for that reason (too many kids) I agree w/ Pumpy - your going to the wrong place.
The Disney bus will run you to Pleasure Island from the Lodge.