Disney's All sports Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Thank you Orlando Vic for suggesting for me to start my own thread. My question is : Has any body stayed at Disney's all sports resort? Is it nice, quiet? or does any body have any suggestion were to stay on site at mid range price? Do we need to rent a car? And how is the weather at the end of April? thank you
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:55 PM

I did not stay there, though I saw my friends' room and hung out on the property a little. This was over 5 years ago. I would call it decent/ economical lodging.The rooms are pretty small. When I was there it wasn't quiet with a lot of families with young children. It had a very large pool, a good cafeteria and frequent bus transportation to the parks. I think you could get by without a car if you plan to stay on Disney World property.
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:13 AM

We had access to a room at the Disney All-Star movie resort for an afternoon through a friend.

I don't know that I would categorize any Disney resort as quiet. We typically stay at the Polynesian and were curious to see what this resort was like.

These were basic rooms. Perfectly functional, though. The three All-Star resorts are right next to one another and in practicality, are not very different from one another except for the "theming".

There was a large soccer tournament going on at WDW that weekend and the hotel was packed with teens playing in the tournament. I'd imagine that the noise level of these resorts will depend greatly on what events are going on at the time.

Certainly, the All-Star resorts are the most economical option at Disney. IF you're willing to spend a bit more, I would think something like the Port Orleans or Coronado Springs (the moderate priced category) might be a bit quieter, if that's your main goal.

That said, this is Disney and it is a place packed with kids.

If you're willing to take the Disney buses, you do not need a car. Sign up for the free Magic Express from the airport and then just rely on the buses to get to the parks or downtown Disney. But, if traveling with young kids, be prepared for the fact that the buses are SLOW. They are plentiful and come often. But, they drive very slow.
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:16 AM

Weather will be hot! But not as brutal as summer. I rec. looking at the mid level Disney resorts - I really like the Port Orleans - I think it is a hige step up from the All Stars. The All Stars IMO look like a very cute Disnified Ecno Lodge.
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM

My elder in-laws love the all star movie resort theme. I picked them up there and it was PACKED with kids. It seems most school groups and teams on budgets probably stay there. It is quite inexpensive compared to other places. They said the bus service was OK, but that resort is the end of the line so long trips back and forth.