Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

WDW - Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did do a search in the Forum on 'Port Orleans' before I posted this - but looking for a real side by side comparison on these two. Right now I'm booked at the FQ for a weekend stay this month - I know the pool is closed and that's OK - but it seemed to get better feedback (slightly) than Port Orleans and I understand is the bus stop prior to PO so getting a seat on the bus is just that much easier. But PO seems to have more - more food choices maybe, somewhat bigger? Not sure which is nicer, has better rooms despite playing around on the net. Are they connected? Thanks very much for any help. Oh, I should point out that since it's a weekend my price is $200 per night - so if any other Disney property in that range strikes your fancy - I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Ooops, braincramp - where I write "PO" I meant to put PO-Riverside. Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Nantucketgirl
Just returned from WDW - stayed at Port Orleans for the first time. Enjoyed the layout of the grounds - lots of room; it was quiet. A paved walkway (about 1 mile) winds through Port Orleans - nice for walking, jogging or biking. Food court and restaurant have nice variety. Pool area is very nice. Never had a problem getting a seat on the WDW transporatation bus in the morning at Port Orleans. On return trips from the parks back to PortOrleans, the bus does stop at French Quarter first.
Gohedwig
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 07:57 AM

OOPS
My reply (above) has to do with staying at Port Orleans - Riverside
Gohedwig
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Very delayed but I wanted to post a follow up for anyone interested in the PO French Quarter (and thanks for the advice Gohedwig - your write up was right on and solidified my choice and it was the right one!).

I really liked it. Now, last time I was in Disney I was at the Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge - so I missed the amenities and extra comforts of those lovely places (did NOT miss the bill). But the FQ was reasonable (for Disney) and a solid choice. What cool rooms - I loved the room decor. I think families would love this place.

I did walk to Port Orleans Riverside, which is bigger and I think offers slightly more - but liked the FQ layout better. Especially nice if you can get a courtyard view where people are passing by vs. the parking lot view. I didn't get to use the pool but those that did were having a blast.

I liked being the stop before Riverside (important on busy days) and the boat to Downtown Disney too. The staff was great, the restaurant is glorified fast food but you can get a burger, salad or beer and it was cute with the Mardi Gras design everywhere - it's nice setup there. I never got to 'Scat Cats' (lobby bar), but did pass it on my way to bed (Disney tires you out doesn't it?) - and there was terrific live jazz and the crowd was loving it.

This is a great moderate Disney choice - you still get the Disney experience and it's a very nice resort.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:23 AM

I have booked FQ for 2 weeks next year but when i booked it it was a 4 key and in this years brochure it has gone down to a 3 key, does anyone know why?