Washington DC - Omni Shoreham Hotel - $109 deal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in DC and received an email from the hotel to book by this Saturday for a rate of $109 through the end of the year. The code is HOLIDAY. I was able to get a room for next weekend at the $109 as a little break to enjoy their pool and just get away from home.

The hotel is located on the red line at the zoo/adams morgan stop for those who are interested.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 07:02 AM

that's a great price. I regretted not staying there on our last trip to DC. It looks so nice and is close to the subway and zoo. Way nicer than the hotel we stayed at.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM

It is in a great location but try and get a room in the main building. The rooms in the annex are more like college dorms and weren't well maintained when I was there a couple years ago.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Great rate...wish I had known. We are visiting in the fall for a weekend after a succesful auction bid for the Willard. As you live in DC, what's your take on this property? My husband hasn't seen the sights since he was a boy, so it should be fun. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 04:32 PM

I've stayed at the Omni, my daughter now lives in the area. We enjoyed it, the staff were excellent. Beautiful landscaping and a pleasant environment that's not possible downtown. As noted, a few minutes' walk from the Woodley Park Metro stop and there are many restaurants in the area, every type of ethnic food you could imagine.