Washington, DC Hotel/Neighborhood

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in DC for a few days this August with my mom and my aunt and uncle, then we are all heading to Chincoteague Island for a week, meeting some friends there. After that, my husband and I will return to DC for 2 nights before our flight home. Everyone else in our group will have gone home by then, so it will be just the 2 of us.

I am looking for neighborhood and hotel recommendations for those final 2 nights (Sat and Sun - flying home on Mon). I'd like to keep it under $200/night and definitely want to be within a few blocks of the Metro. We'll be returning our rental car upon returning to DC and then relying on the Metro to get around.

For the first part of our trip, we'll all be staying at the Crowne Plaza Hamilton on 14th street, a few blocks north of the White House. So for the last part of our trip, I'd like to stay in a different neighborhood to get a feel for another area of the city. Maybe someplace close to a cool area with shops, restaurants, and pubs. A hotel within walking distance of some low key nightlife would be ideal - a bar with live music, pool tables, and an outdoor terrace perhaps.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Dupont Circle area fits what you are looking for. There is a hotel right on the circle, and I can't remember the name -- it used to be Jurys but it has switched to something else. Maybe another DC person knows. Another option would be the Tabard Inn just below the circle.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:34 PM

It's the Dupont Hotel now. I agree that Dupont Circle fits the bill for what you seem to be looking for. The Dupont Hotel is a good choice, but there are lots of other hotels in the area, so look around to get one that fits your budget and room preferences.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Rouge in Dupont Circle and I highly recommend it. A neat, funky boutique hotel about a 5-10 minute walk from the metro station. It was about $150 per night when we stayed there, although I have no idea how much it's going for this summer.

Tracy
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - that area looks like just what we are looking for.
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM

Hotel Rouge is fine but a few blocks east of Dupont Circle. There is also the Palomar on P Street just below the circle.
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:56 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
"Hotel Rouge is fine but a few blocks east of Dupont Circle. There is also the Palomar on P Street just below the circle."

True, but you get Leopardwear at Hotel Rouge for no additional charge.

http://web.me.com/tomfielding1/Tom_%...e/DC_2009.html